Hockey player loses part of ear...

FRAT: Kevin Klein took a stick to his ear against the Penguins.  Goes back and gets it sewn back on.  Comes back out and scores the game winning goal

Kevin Klein lost part of his ear in the first period, then found the back of the net in overtime to give the New York Rangers a stirring victory.

Klein, known more for his defense, has discovered his offensive game this season. The defenseman has scored a career-best six goals and has a career-high three game-winners -- including two in overtime.

His latest was the difference in a 4-3 victory over Pittsburgh on Monday night after the Rangers squandered a late two-goal lead when the Penguins struck twice in 24 seconds.

"It might have hit their D-man in front. I was just trying to get it by," Klein said of his slap shot. "When it went in, I was pretty happy."

Klein's first goal of the season was also in overtime in a 4-3 win on Oct. 21 at New Jersey. He then netted the winner on Nov. 19 against Philadelphia.

This one was even more dramatic because early in the game, Klein was bloodied by a high stick from Pittsburgh's Zach Sill that ripped off part of his ear. That was reattached, and Klein resumed his role on the ice and scored for the second straight game.

"I am getting a lot of heat because I'm not using him on the power play," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said with a smile. "That is the second time he has come up real big for us in overtime.

"Good for him. He lost a piece of his ear, and they sewed it back. Say what you want about hockey players, but they are tough."

Rick Nash broke a second-period tie with his sixth goal in eight games, and Henrik Lundqvist returned to the net with 32 saves for New York.

Backes got hit in the face with a puck last night, went into the back with broken teeth and a busted mouth during the first period. He came back out in the 2nd period with some new stitches and a full cage, they had to tell him that he couldn't play in the 3rd. Phone Post 3.0

Hockey players are fucking tough. bottom line.

I've seen Pascal Dupuis pull teeth out on the bench and not miss a shift. Hockey players rank near the top with toughness. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah no question. If I was pulling shattered teeth out of my mouth I would he freaking the fuck out even not factoring the pain in lol