Holloway vs Pettis for the FW interim Title at 206

Jose Aldo says huh?

So Aldo really is done. Phone Post 3.0

RKing85 - Jose Aldo says huh?
No, Jose Aldo says "I quit". Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - So Aldo really is done. Phone Post 3.0

read, Aldo becomes the real champ and redheaded ginger is getting stripped, that's what you get for demaning a piece of the company.

^ Aldo becomes real champ? Ehhh, he is the real champ, Mc Gregor  left the division.

What am I missing? Aldo becomes the 145 real champ, so what is the sense of Pettis vs Holloway for the interim belt?

Conor has the real belt, Aldo has the interim belt...if Conor is stripped, Aldo is the champ. Why would they be creating another interim belt?

orcus -

What am I missing? Aldo becomes the 145 real champ, so what is the sense of Pettis vs Holloway for the interim belt?

Conor has the real belt, Aldo has the interim belt...if Conor is stripped, Aldo is the champ. Why would they be creating another interim belt?

That's why I assumed Aldo had to be out of the picture. Phone Post 3.0

Why have an interim champ if Aldo becomes the real champ?  Is Aldo injured?

Ufc is doing it to create the illusion of having a title fight to try and save some ppv buys. That's what I think at least. Phone Post 3.0

orcus -

to promote the fight for the Toronto card.

later on the can do interim vs real belt, to promote the fight.

DEADLEAGUE - Ufc is doing it to create the illusion of having a title fight to try and save some ppv buys. That's what I think at least. Phone Post 3.0

yup

Aleck911 -

Why have an interim champ if Aldo becomes the real champ?  Is Aldo injured?

I'm guessing they want to promote Max vs. Pettis as interim title fight so they still have a title fight as the main event now that DC is out. Would not mind 5 rounds of Pettis vs. Holloway Phone Post 3.0

Is the UFC just abandoning #1 contender fights at this point?

silly move. reeks of desperation

I wonder if they would make pettis vs holloway a 5 round fight if they decide to make it an interim title fight Phone Post 3.0

chaplinshouse -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
orcus -

That's why I assumed Aldo had to be out of the picture. Phone Post 3.0

No, you assumed Aldo is out because you couldn't be bothered with reading two short tweets

Yeah, i pretty much covered that with "assuming". Phone Post 3.0

SkinDiver -
evh -

silly move. reeks of desperation

wreaks* - for future reference.

for future reference -- nah

orcus -

I'm fairly sure UFC have to give a refund if a title fight is advertised and not delivered. Phone Post 3.0