Holly vs conor tapping sitaution for dummies

Xuh -
Bigmeech - Oh so Miesha took Holly's neck and Nate got gifted Conors neck, now I understand. Phone Post 3.0

to be honest - yeah, I think so.
This does sum it up Phone Post 3.0

DirtyLickinsBrah - Its not the fact that conor tapped so quick that makes him a quitter.....its the fact that he gave nate that choke to avoid being ko/tko, thats why he didnt fight it.

Smart move by conor, but quitter no doubt. Phone Post 3.0
You should show him how its done. Lets see how you do against nate. Its all good to call another human being a quitter from behind the keyboard eating pork pies but if someone tells you to do the same then you will justify your own cowardice by saying you are not a pro fighter.

If you are in the ufc you are not a quitter at life. Period. You pathetic loser Phone Post 3.0

Bigmeech - 3) Not tapping doesn't prove how tuff you are. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe not but it's a mentality of being willing to die, to never give up.

Holly comes from Boxing where the fans demand that you never give up. You have to be willing to keep going, if you quit once a boxer it ruins your legacy. Roberto Durna was one of the greatest fighters to ever live and "no mas" will be said everytime someone mentions him.

Victor Ortiz got his jaw broke in the Maidana fight and waved it off and ever since people have called him a coward and said he has no heart. He basically lost his entire Mexican fanbase overnight.

I think that's the difference in mentality between Holly and most people that come from a jiu jitsu or MMA background where they are accustomed to tapping through training their whole life. Phone Post 3.0

DirtyLickinsBrah -
businessbhoy -
DirtyLickinsBrah - Its not the fact that conor tapped so quick that makes him a quitter.....its the fact that he gave nate that choke to avoid being ko/tko, thats why he didnt fight it.

Breaking news. Internet troll calls world champion MMA fighter a quitter.

Jesus wept. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, more like "Internet troll, calls it like it is"

Jesus only wept, because u got the headline wrong. Phone Post 3.0
Let me mount you and we will see how fast you quit. Phone Post 3.0

Conor trained for a 25 minute fight, gassed after 7 minutes, and then took the easy way out. That's just who he is. Like a Shane Carwin, Vitor, or Rumble type of fighter. Dangerous as all hell for about 6-8 minutes and will then crumble.

how is flailing at the air like james tony vs randy, any cooler then getting rocked into a tap out????

ValeTudo 1 -

You should show him how its done. Lets see how you do against nate. Its all good to call another human being a quitter from behind the keyboard eating pork pies but if someone tells you to do the same then you will justify your own cowardice by saying you are not a pro fighter.

If you are in the ufc you are not a quitter at life. Period. You pathetic loser Phone Post 3.0
Quitter at life? Where did u get that from lol

Calm ur emotional ass down tough guy, conor quit in that fight......dont get mad at me for pointing out lol Phone Post 3.0

ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
businessbhoy -

Lmao, dont let a "pathetic loser" like myself get u so upset........try to get out and mount a hot chick.......might ease the suffering. Phone Post 3.0

"3) Holly knew the worst that would happen is should would pass out for a few seconds and wake up again perfectly fine; Conor didn't want to pass out on live TV in front of millions leaving a lasting image that would wreck his mystique."

lol @ "wreck his mystique". All you guys who are saying this would be saying the opposite if he did just go to sleep without tapping. "Oh my God! He would fight to the death because he's a true warrior! Even when he loses he's a hardcore badass!"

Doesn't really matter. Once the choke is in like that the fight is a wrap. He already knew it was done when he shot that desperation takedown. His mystique didn't let him take his knock out like a man.

PeteyWheatstraw - "3) Holly knew the worst that would happen is should would pass out for a few seconds and wake up again perfectly fine; Conor didn't want to pass out on live TV in front of millions leaving a lasting image that would wreck his mystique."

lol @ "wreck his mystique". All you guys who are saying this would be saying the opposite if he did just go to sleep without tapping. "Oh my God! He would fight to the death because he's a true warrior! Even when he loses he's a hardcore badass!"

Doesn't really matter. Once the choke is in like that the fight is a wrap. He already knew it was done when he shot that desperation takedown. His mystique didn't let him take his knock out like a man.
That's a good point.

I'm sure many would laugh and many more would applaud him going to sleep 'like a warrior'.

You are correct though that he went to the ground to not get KOed which could have very well come from him not wanting people to see him go out like that. Phone Post 3.0

crumbs - how is flailing at the air like james tony vs randy, any cooler then getting rocked into a tap out????

It at least shows that her instinct is to fight, and before that she was fighting the submission hard. As soon as Nates arm got close to Conor's neck, he already had his hand up just waiting for what he wanted. To be able to quit. He never once attempted to get out of it.

Holly was caught in a sub in the 2nd. Fought her way out after minutes of struggle.

Conor was caught in a sub in the 2nd. Never tried to get out and quit in seconds.

FrontBroRian -
crumbs - how is flailing at the air like james tony vs randy, any cooler then getting rocked into a tap out????

It at least shows that her instinct is to fight, and before that she was fighting the submission hard. As soon as Nates arm got close to Conor's neck, he already had his hand up just waiting for what he wanted. To be able to quit. He never once attempted to get out of it.

Holly was caught in a sub in the 2nd. Fought her way out after minutes of struggle.

Conor was caught in a sub in the 2nd. Never tried to get out and quit in seconds.
Watch out bro, i guess we're not allowed to call things the way we see it, unless we're willing to get in and show conor how it's done.

Que emotional tough guys entrance. Phone Post 3.0

FrontBroRian - 

thats not how i saw it, i saw a lost puppy in holm, just like james toney vs randy. terrible ground game.

holly n connor lost embarassing equally in my eyes.

OP is not entirely correct.

Due to all the judges giving a 10-8 round to Meisha, getting out of the choke at the last second would still have lost her the round and ended in a tie.  Or if the judges would have given Tate another 10-8 she would have won.

crumbs - 
FrontBroRian - 

thats not how i saw it, i saw a lost puppy in holm, just like james toney vs randy. terrible ground game.

holly n connor lost embarassing equally in my eyes.

Well that lost puppy successfully defended all sub attempts in the 2nd round, despite being in bad positions. and then went on to go and win the next 2 rounds

DirtyLickinsBrah -
andrewwarner - Why do people keep having this conversation? There's no point to not tapping to a choke when it's deep and you're stuck

Passing out and risking brain damage does not make you tougher. Phone Post 3.0
Because ppl still think it has anything to do with tapping.

Conor had no intention of fighting the choke, because he gave up his neck to get out of the fight wirhout a ko loss. Phone Post 3.0
I doubt he was thinking that , IMO people he got rocked on his feet and tried to takedown Diaz to recover/get out of that situation,and simply got choked by someone who is better than Conor on the ground.If he did give up the choke to prevent himself from being knocked out it was most likely to able to fight at UFC 200 Phone Post 3.0

So. This means the countless number of tapouts in mma history was done by a bunch of pussies? No.

It's just shows Holly's refusal to tap that's all. Phone Post 3.0

DirtyLickinsBrah -
ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
businessbhoy -

Lmao, dont let a "pathetic loser" like myself get u so upset........try to get out and mount a hot chick.......might ease the suffering. Phone Post 3.0
Already got a hot chick you keyboard warrior. Tapping out to a choke in a mma fight is common.

How many choke holds have you been put in to have the cheek to call a professional fighter a quitter for tapping?

You been watching mma for a few years and you think you have gained the expertise to critique a fighters heart sitting in your sweaty arm chair. GTFO you loser. Get to the gym Phone Post 3.0

ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
businessbhoy -

Already got a hot chick you keyboard warrior. Tapping out to a choke in a mma fight is common.

How many choke holds have you been put in to have the cheek to call a professional fighter a quitter for tapping?

You been watching mma for a few years and you think you have gained the expertise to critique a fighters heart sitting in your sweaty arm chair. GTFO you loser. Get to the gym Phone Post 3.0
I just want to point out that you come across as a massive fairy acting like a tough ass over the Internet while also defending a fighter who you'll never know to the death.

Just saying, in case you want to maybe salvage your image and cease the silliness.

But if you'd like to carry on then by all means do so. I am not above entertainment.

Just looking out for you bro. Phone Post 3.0

ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
ValeTudo 1 -
DirtyLickinsBrah -
businessbhoy -

Right on que tough guy Phone Post 3.0