Holm open to Cyborg fight at 140

StrikingMMA -
Sunkist1207 - 
judonoob - Good for Holly. I agree with her that Cris can make 135. Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob

Why are you not requesting that Holly stick to fighting/talking about fighters at BW and not speaking about fighters not in her weight class?

I personally find it bizarre that Holly is open to fighting Cris at 140 but in the same breath thinks Cris can make 135..

I don't find it bizarre. That last fight where Cris weighed in at 139 pretty much proved she could make 135. Even Ray said it was a smooth cut after the fight.

I think Holly's point is that she thinks she could make the weight but wouldn't let 5 pounds stop the fight if Cris refused to drop to 135.
Likely that the extra 4lbs is BANNED robotics anyway Phone Post 3.0

OVER_HYPEDorUNDER_PAID - Ronda is the only elite female athlete scared of cyborg.

Not surprised, even cupcake is down to scrap. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe you should wait until someone actually signs the contract before deciding who is and isn't "scared". Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan -
StrikingMMA - Holly's technical striking and footwork would give Cris an interesting challenge. I would like to see it.
I think Cyborg's striking is more suited for MMA. That'd be a great fight still.

My biggest concern is Cris' cardio at 140 lbs. We didn't get to see it. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah obviously her cardio is going to suffer more than every other woman cutting weight. It's remarkable that Cyborg is undefeated with all these unique physiological problems that make everything so much more difficult for her than for everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA -
Sunkist1207 - 
judonoob - Good for Holly. I agree with her that Cris can make 135. Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob

Why are you not requesting that Holly stick to fighting/talking about fighters at BW and not speaking about fighters not in her weight class?

I personally find it bizarre that Holly is open to fighting Cris at 140 but in the same breath thinks Cris can make 135..

I don't find it bizarre. That last fight where Cris weighed in at 139 pretty much proved she could make 135. Even Ray said it was a smooth cut after the fight.

I think Holly's point is that she thinks she could make the weight but wouldn't let 5 pounds stop the fight if Cris refused to drop to 135.

StrikingMMA

I understand and respect the point you are making but Cris  posted here that she is not dropping to 135  and said in her post fight interview she will only be interested in superfights at 140.

What I find about bizarre about Hollys comment is also what I find bizarre about Miesha saying Cris should drop to 135 for a title fight against her however, in my opinion and with respect, I dont believe Miesha had any intention of fighting Cris when she initially said she will fight her at 140.

Sunkist,

", I dont believe Miesha had any intention of fighting Cris when she initially said she will fight her at 140."

That's certainly not the stance you took at the time. You said Miesha "stepped up" where Ronda did not.

In my opinion Cyborg has never had any intention of fighting Ronda or anyone else at 135 despite her years of talk about it. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 - 
StrikingMMA -
Sunkist1207 - 

Judonoob

StrikingMMA

I understand and respect the point you are making but Cris  posted here that she is not dropping to 135  and said in her post fight interview she will only be interested in superfights at 140.

What I find about bizarre about Hollys comment is also what I find bizarre about Miesha saying Cris should drop to 135 for a title fight against her however, in my opinion and with respect, I dont believe Miesha had any intention of fighting Cris when she initially said she will fight her at 140.

Yes, I know Cris said she wouldn't drop to 135. She is staying at 145. You could speculate on why but she is definitely staying at 145 even though she could make 135.

Why Cris wouldn't just drop the rest of the way is a head shaker. She obviously only wants to fight the 135 pound girls in the UFC. She could make a lot of money by fighting for that title. Maybe she is trying to force Zuffa to add the 145 lb division?

As for Miesha and Holly's comments. They make sense to me and I see no reason to question Miesha's character and call her a liar. She probably would fight Cris at 140 but Zuffa won't let her right now. I think Zuffa won't let her fight at a catch weight until she defends her title and cleans out her division first.

Sunkist1207 -

Judonoob

I don't find it bizarre at all. I'm not surprised you do. Cris looked damn good at 139 and Holly is in a good position to make that statement.

I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time before you turned on Holly for this comment and on Miesha for her recent tweet after Cris' victory. Phone Post 3.0

If Holly Holm isn't the champ at 135, and she has had fights heavier than 145, why does cris have to make that fight at a catchweight?...140lbs is not a division, and for years the UFC told Cris that she had to come to the champ. IMO if Holly Holm is not the champ at BW, and wants to return to go up in weight to face a high profile opponent, then it should be in her division.How sweet would Holly Holm Vs. Cris Cyborg be for the inaugural UFC 145lbs belt!?

Ray Elbe - If Holly Holm isn't the champ at 135, and she has had fights heavier than 145, why does cris have to make that fight at a catchweight?...140lbs is not a division, and for years the UFC told Cris that she had to come to the champ. IMO if Holly Holm is not the champ at BW, and wants to return to go up in weight to face a high profile opponent, then it should be in her division.How sweet would Holly Holm Vs. Cris Cyborg be for the inaugural UFC 145lbs belt!?

Like I've said before, it would ONLY be sweet if cris can PROVE to the athletic commission that she's not robotic in anw way, and if it turns out she IS a cyborg then the fight shouldn't happen at all.

StrikingMMA -
Sunkist1207 - 
StrikingMMA -
Sunkist1207 - 

Judonoob

StrikingMMA

Yes, I know Cris said she wouldn't drop to 135. She is staying at 145. You could speculate on why but she is definitely staying at 145 even though she could make 135.

Why Cris wouldn't just drop the rest of the way is a head shaker. She obviously only wants to fight the 135 pound girls in the UFC. She could make a lot of money by fighting for that title. Maybe she is trying to force Zuffa to add the 145 lb division?

As for Miesha and Holly's comments. They make sense to me and I see no reason to question Miesha's character and call her a liar. She probably would fight Cris at 140 but Zuffa won't let her right now. I think Zuffa won't let her fight at a catch weight until she defends her title and cleans out her division first.

StrikingMMA

Pardon me if it came across that I was calling Miesha a liar, that was not my intent. The first time Mieshs mentioned anything about fighting Cris was during the time Cris and Ronda were going back and forth and Miesha said Ronda was ducking Cris at 140 and she injected herself by saying she would fight Cris at 140. At that time in my opinion, it appeared as though Miesha was attempting to "one up"Ronda. Whether Miesha will actually go ahead and fight Cris is yet to be seen but in my opinion she isn't making a positive case to fight at 140 when she is on record asking Cris to drop to 135 to fight her.

In my opinion and at this point, I believe Cris should stay at 145 and encourage the UFC to develop that division. The UFC were adamant she wouldn't fight in the UFC unless at 135 but the lanscape has changed and now they are still entertaining catchweight fights for her. 

Ray Elbe - If Holly Holm isn't the champ at 135, and she has had fights heavier than 145, why does cris have to make that fight at a catchweight?...140lbs is not a division, and for years the UFC told Cris that she had to come to the champ. IMO if Holly Holm is not the champ at BW, and wants to return to go up in weight to face a high profile opponent, then it should be in her division.How sweet would Holly Holm Vs. Cris Cyborg be for the inaugural UFC 145lbs belt!?
Or, you know, she could come down to Holly's weight and compete for the more prestigious title for more money.

But no.

After 198, I have revised my thoughts about Cris. At 135, I think the top 3 would be Cyborg, Holly and Ronda not necessarily in that order. All 3 of them beats everyone else at 135 including Miesha. (I think Amanda is beating Miesha anyway)

So why won't her team make the damn weight. Sacrifice some muscle. Make the weight and give the fans the fights we want. She made 139 and looked good. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist,

thanks for clarifying about Miesha. I think she would fight Cris at 140 if she could. But I don't think Zuffa will let her while she is champ. We'll see how it plays out.

Personally I don't think there is a lot of talent for a 145 pound division. Maybe if they built it then it would grow. So for now they are letting Cris participate at a lower weight. They want her service but they don't want to add another division. So for now they are compromising with catch weights. How long they will continue on that path is anyone's guess.

Holm is the Ronda we deserve!

orcus - 
JustAnotherMMAFan -
StrikingMMA - Holly's technical striking and footwork would give Cris an interesting challenge. I would like to see it.
I think Cyborg's striking is more suited for MMA. That'd be a great fight still.

My biggest concern is Cris' cardio at 140 lbs. We didn't get to see it. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah obviously her cardio is going to suffer more than every other woman cutting weight. It's remarkable that Cyborg is undefeated with all these unique physiological problems that make everything so much more difficult for her than for everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

GOD, quit already! sick of seeing your stupid shit...how did 170 work out for AJ cardio.?

judonoob -
Ray Elbe - If Holly Holm isn't the champ at 135, and she has had fights heavier than 145, why does cris have to make that fight at a catchweight?...140lbs is not a division, and for years the UFC told Cris that she had to come to the champ. IMO if Holly Holm is not the champ at BW, and wants to return to go up in weight to face a high profile opponent, then it should be in her division.How sweet would Holly Holm Vs. Cris Cyborg be for the inaugural UFC 145lbs belt!?
Or, you know, she could come down to Holly's weight and compete for the more prestigious title for more money.

But no.

After 198, I have revised my thoughts about Cris. At 135, I think the top 3 would be Cyborg, Holly and Ronda not necessarily in that order. All 3 of them beats everyone else at 135 including Miesha. (I think Amanda is beating Miesha anyway)

So why won't her team make the damn weight. Sacrifice some muscle. Make the weight and give the fans the fights we want. She made 139 and looked good. Phone Post 3.0
Because both Holly and Ronda fought at 145, and the reason why they left was because 135lbs was an easier division because they didn't have to get through cyborg to become champ.Now neither of them are champ at 135, so a fight against them would not be for any 'prestigious' belt---unless it was at 145, which would then make it for a World Title, and if it's a matter of it not being a 'ufc' belt...that could be settled by creating a division.I respect Cris's stance that she should not have to drop lower than 145 to fight an opponent who originally came from her division and left without fighting her...unless it is the Champ at 135---or Ronda.

StrikingMMA - Sunkist,

thanks for clarifying about Miesha. I think she would fight Cris at 140 if she could. But I don't think Zuffa will let her while she is champ. We'll see how it plays out.

Personally I don't think there is a lot of talent for a 145 pound division. Maybe if they built it then it would grow. So for now they are letting Cris participate at a lower weight. They want her service but they don't want to add another division. So for now they are compromising with catch weights. How long they will continue on that path is anyone's guess.

StrikingMMA

The UFC started the BW division with 10 fighters. The UFC acquired 11 SWs and held TUF tryouts for the remaining SWs. Carla Esparza posted on Twitter that the weigh in max for the new weight cutting policy for BW is 147 and Sarah Kaufman stated she comes in way over the 8% lmit for fight week. In my opinion the new policy might be a reason for some BWs to move up and non UFC BWs to try out for a FW TUF since few turned up for the BW TUF tryouts. As I mentioned previously a FW division will in my opinion encourage fighters from single discipline martial arts who are not built for BW to cross over to MMA.

Called it. Cyborg won't fight Holm at 140lbs. 

Ray Elbe -
judonoob -

But no.

Because both Holly and Ronda fought at 145, and the reason why they left was because 135lbs was an easier division because they didn't have to get through cyborg to become champ.Now neither of them are champ at 135, so a fight against them would not be for any 'prestigious' belt---unless it was at 145, which would then make it for a World Title, and if it's a matter of it not being a 'ufc' belt...that could be settled by creating a division.I respect Cris's stance that she should not have to drop lower than 145 to fight an opponent who originally came from her division and left without fighting her...unless it is the Champ at 135---or Ronda.
"Because both Holly and Ronda fought at 145,"

How many years ago Ray?

"and the reason why they left was because 135lbs was an easier division"

135 is deeper than 145. The skill level is higher.

"because they didn't have to get through cyborg to become champ."

Your opinion. Facts speak otherwise.

"Now neither of them are champ at 135, so a fight against them would not be for any 'prestigious' belt"

The UFC BW belt is a little more relevant that Invicta. Sorry.

"-unless it was at 145, which would then make it for a World Title,"

Yeah that's like Conor saying his cage warriors title was a world title. Whatever.

"and if it's a matter of it not being a 'ufc' belt...that could be settled by creating a division."

In ok with them creating a division. It won't shut you clowns up though.

" I respect Cris's stance that she should not have to drop lower than 145 to fight an opponent who originally came from her division and left without fighting her...unless it is the Champ at 135---or Ronda."

And you don't respect any other woman that actually fights comfortably at the lower weight class and has been doing so for years. It's like weight classes are just a nuisance for you guys. Phone Post 3.0

judonoob -

But no.

Miesha has already beaten Holm!

She's the underdog that won't go away!

I think this is a win win for holly I think it'd give her name recognition that she didn't have and it's also the fastest way to the belt. She'd be known as the cyborg killer!!! And if she loses it doesn't look bad since she went up and fought someone like cyborg who most people are scared of Phone Post 3.0