Holm was 1.5 min away from winning

Props to tate but Holm proved she was better for the most part. Her groundgame is weak but her footwork and striking was enough to keep tate away for most of the fight.

Imo she beats Ronda again. Tate was able to get close because the gap in striking was smaller than Ronda vs Holm Phone Post 3.0

Tate and Ronda are very different in their grappling and takedowns.

I knew Tate would give Holly a much tougher fight than Ronda. Phone Post 3.0

It must of just been being in the moment I was screaming at my tv lol uggh just such stupid basic mistakes on the ground. She was so lost. Was awesome when she fought off that first real choke attempt though I was like dammmnnnn Phone Post 3.0

Politically Incorrect - I was 1.5 minutes away from lasting 2 minutes with your mother. Get out of here with the shit thread. Too bad they weren't playing a game of horseshoes or throwing grenades at each other.

The fight was shit, Holm and Tate did nothing but circle each other for 1,3,4, sure you can call that winning if you want, 10 point must gotta go. Those were all 10-10 rounds.

If Rhonda came in with any gameplan at all, she would probably sub Holm, Holm looked novice underneath someone that Honda outclassed twice. That said she is stubborn and will probably come guns blazing and get slept by Holm again.
Totally agree with you on the 10 point must. I can't stand the scoring in MMA based on that system. Phone Post 3.0

No she had to win win the 5th. Had that tied going into the last round Phone Post 3.0

EddiePain420 - so was chael sonnen...thats the beauty of mma mother fuckers!
Chael was up 4-0 and got real sloppy at the wrong time. I remember watching that live thinking Chael was going to pull out the win! Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one who thought her striking looked poor? Her camp said she was holding back in her first two fights, but the fact is, her striking has only looked good against Rousey, who kept charging in with her hands down.

Politically Incorrect - I was 1.5 minutes away from lasting 2 minutes with your mother. Get out of here with the shit thread. Too bad they weren't playing a game of horseshoes or throwing grenades at each other.

The fight was shit, Holm and Tate did nothing but circle each other for 1,3,4, sure you can call that winning if you want, 10 point must gotta go. Those were all 10-10 rounds.

If Rhonda came in with any gameplan at all, she would probably sub Holm, Holm looked novice underneath someone that Honda outclassed twice. That said she is stubborn and will probably come guns blazing and get slept by Holm again.
Lol so emotional Phone Post 3.0

joshLISTED - Am I the only one who thought her striking looked poor? Her camp said she was holding back in her first two fights, but the fact is, her striking has only looked good against Rousey, who kept charging in with her hands down.
I think she didn't commit and was hesitant because of Miesha's wrestling ability. Phone Post 3.0

1,3,4 weren't super exciting but I saw it as a chess match. Holm landing while staying away from tates grappling reach.

Tate using her striking to get in close and set up a takedown. I was entertained and had it 3-1 Holm going into the 5th

I had Holm winning the 5th till the td. Very technical, tactical fight imo Phone Post 3.0

Holm was petrified of the take down and fought from a hunched over, very defensive position, and suffered from it.

She basically had a kickboxing match with a wrestler, but was overly worried about being taken down (rightfully so), she failed to mount any offense.

Politically Incorrect -
46and2degrees - 

Totally agree with you on the 10 point must. I can't stand the scoring in MMA based on that system. Phone Post 3.0

They should at least follow their own revised rules on the system and start handing out 10-10s like they are going out of style..

Neither fighter really won 1,3,4, neither fighter really lost 1,3,4. Did Holly marginally throw more volume and have better footwork? Yeah, I guess...
The Greg Jackson way Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately Holm didn't look good in any respect and had a brutal gameplan. Everyone I watched with was happy she lost after watching her try to outpoint Tate for 4 + rounds.

She definitely didn't look as good in the striking dept. not much power at all, I knew there was no way she would knock out Tate cuz she was fighting too smart.

And holly was also over extending a lot and leaning into her little punches like they were big shots when they weren't. Her footwork was very good though.

Tate held her own against her on the feet and showed that holly is really just a counter puncher and if u don't run at her like a dumb fuck she's really not that great.

But her footwork did allow her to have some nice combinations they just didn't have any power behind her. And also I was very surprised when Tate had her neck on the choke in the second round and she literally gangstered her way out of it. I was impressed.

But the rear naked in the fifth round was a different story. She panicked and wasn't hand fighting and thought that roll would help her but all Meisha had to do was tuck her head and roll with it and it would be a wrap.

Inexperience on the ground led to her loss. She needs to practice a lot of bjj defense and escapes and just get comfortable down there. I dunno how good the bjj dept is at jacksons but I'm sure they got some high level coaches there it just takes time.

The question is, can Tate handle ronda on the ground yet or not at all? She does look a lot better in every aspect, I think she's got ronda beat now. Good for her she was so nervous walking into the cage