holy crap, boxing IS a joke!

I hope that thread gets TTT'd a few more times. I realize now that EVILYOSHIDA has out-debated me and thereby proved that boxing is worthless and that I am a pussy. Please TTT the thread because this is a list of a few fighters who are wasting their time on that joke that is called boxing:

Randy Coture

Tito Ortiz

Dan Henderson

Quinton Jackson

Cro Cop

Igor Vovchachin

Fedor

Minotaro

Minotoro

Vitor Belfort

Mario Sperry

Bustamante

Frank Shamrock

Pat Millitech

Nathan Marquardt

Tim Syvia

Guy Mezger

Matt Hughes

Jermey Horn

Matt Linland

Chris Lytle

Jens Pulver

Mark Coleman

Phil Baroni

Ian Freeman

Arlofski

Prdro Rizzo

Marco Ruas

Babalu

Wes Simms

Kevin Randleman

Ken Shamrock

Tre Tellegman

Duane Ludwig

Richardo Arona

Shonnie Carter

I don't know of any of these guys training in judo. I think Yuki Kondo trains or trained in judo and obviously Yoshida does. I think Royce said he trained Judo as a child and Fedor might have done some judo but I'm not sure. Don't you dumbasses know what you are doing? Most of those guys train in BJJ also and according to EVILYOSHIDA Rickson, arguably the most givted BJJ ever would have "no chance" against a guy who he terms "the greatest judo player". Man, what are these guys thinking!

oh yeah, and I saw Frank wearing a hat that said judo once, if that counts.

about half those guys train in Judo actually, smart guy. You can pretty much bank on the fact that anyone with a BJJ Black Belt has a Judo Black Belt too.

I know Bustamante and Arone have Judo BBs

Why even bother....

I thought it was obvious that boxing was an imporatant elemnet in MMA....

Buddie,

Don't get frustrated with this BS. People like to talk to hear themselves talk. I suppose I cannot speak for everyone but I think I can assume that others agree with me that you are one of the most valued members of this forum. You always give great advice and your posts are interesting and very helpful (you've helped me anyway).

People who have half a brain aren't going to walk away from the best striking art there is. Even kickboxers agree that the man with the best hands wins.

Thanks for everything so far and I hope you continue to post, share advice and training tips. It does make a difference.

Mark

YOu guys care to read my thread: "boxing is a joke"?

It's obviously I'm not trolling and I feel my points are cogent and well argued. Please check out that thread and you will see that, under the current evidence, I am right.

Your arguments about "washed up former champions" in K1 doesn't hold much weight.

They were offered the worst in K1, abidi and botha. And your former IBF champs still couldn't do shit! Former gold medalists in Judo can still do well, why doesn't anybody say Yoshi is washed up? He won in 92!

Imamau Mayfield was the IBF cruiserweight champ in 99 and he got owned by Fujita ( who isn't known for finishing) even under boxing biased rules (20 second ground rule).

Just admit guys, boxers may be tough... but against another art like BJJ, Thai or Judo, wrestling... they are seriously handicapped. And I'm talking pure style vs. pure style.

There is no argument. Boxers are good athletes, but they can't claim even remotely to be effective against styles such as BJJ, Judo, MT or wrestling.

Witness your best in Ali against Inoki. Inoki had many chances to submit Ali, but because of the no submission rule couldn't. both people were in their prime and it was obvious that boxing was inferior to even "pro-wrestling" Also the real reason why Ali became lackluster later in his career was because of Inoki. Read an ali bio.

"both people were in their prime and it was obvious that boxing was inferior to even "pro-wrestling" Also the real reason why Ali became lackluster later in his career was because of Inoki. Read an ali bio. "

Why don't you read an Ali bio, you friggin clown. Ali in his prime when he fought Inoki?!? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

EY, seriously dude, say what you want on the UG or the judo forum, but leave ours alone. Whether you're trolling or not, it has no place here.

Abidi beat Peter Arets arguably the greatest K-1 fighter ever (without a doubt top 3). Botha's biggest win was probably vs. Axel Shultz.

Remember that guy Clifford Ettienee that was completely broken and KO'd by Tyson in under one round by the first solid shot that hit him? That guy got a draw with Botha, that and the Shannon Briggs draw were the highlights of Botha's career, oh I guess you can also count being KO'd effortlessly by Lennox, being tortured and savagley beaten by Moorer and losing by 1 punch KO to Tyson. Botha IS a boxing God.

Mayfield's best days as a fighter were at 178 and 190. Fujita weighs at least 240. That fight was on one day notice and they made Mayfeild wear boxing gloves. If that wasn't a set up than I don't know what was?

Its true most boxers would not fair well in MMA without cross training but I'd pick any ligit top 5 guy(Lewis, the 2 Kilitchkos, Tua, Roy Jones, hell even Tyson who is not top 5) to completely destroy Yoshida.

Butterbean beat Fujimoto.

That is all

buddie

Well, I'm a bit hesistant to jump into the thick of things but here goes: without question, boxing is a very effective fighting art because good hands can be used at a number of different ranges. People who have never boxed --say those that have just trained in grappling-- may be surprised how fast and how hard boxers can punch. Personally, if I were training for MMA, I would choose MT if I had to choose one style. But here is the thing: how many people these days don't cross-train? During my first year of graduate school here at UCLA, I volunteered as an ESL teacher and one of my students was a professional MT fighter from Thailand (who later helped train Rick Roufus for K-1) who taught at a MT gym in North Hollywood. He told me that he regularly sparred with boxers just using hands.

On Botha: Obviously, today, he is no longer a top twenty heavyweight. Top thirty perhaps? At any rate, Buddie, in fact, I think that he should have lost the fight against Schultz in Stuttgart. He threw a lot of 1-2 combinations but most them were caught on Axel's gloves. And Botha faded in that fight as well. Not a good decision in my book. However, he had a lot of heart (as in his fight against Moorer on the undercard of Holyfield-Tyson I). I do recall, however, that he was KO'd three or four times by Corrie Sanders in the amateurs.

he was also stripped of that title he won from Shultz for testing positive for steroids.

buddie

it is pretty unfair to judge any boxer who has not cross trained in the sport. He is trying to defend techniques he is not familiar with. So lets measure how some guys who train in boxing AND other martial arts do in MMA. Here is an abbreviated list.

Randy Coture

Tito Ortiz

Dan Henderson

Quinton Jackson

Cro Cop

Igor Vovchachin

Fedor

Minotaro

Minotoro

Vitor Belfort

Mario Sperry

Bustamante