Holy Crap @ Joe Rogan all over Shogun's ballz

JakeMacho - Good point DarrenJG. Wish Goldberg had his own personality/balls instead of just being a yes man to Joe. I remember on HBO boxing the commentators would argue with each other. They actually kept it real.

Ryase guess your being sarcastic. That was right after Machida won the title. So it was his era as lhw champ. That was after a fight too, so obviously he wasn't being biased during a fight.

Kinda shows your sad Shogun bias my friend.

good point on the hbo boxing commentators. I might not always agree with them or like their commentating but they kept it a hell of a lot realer then rogan

I TOTALLY agree with the HBO boxing reference.

They have been so damned professional through the years in this regard. The guys have balls and really take positions, unlike the spaghetti-spined Goldberg, who not only follows what Joe says, but does so in the worst ass-kissing fashion imaginable.

It's really unprofessional in a sense.

He called it right, most of Machida's punches were blocked. By the 4th round Machida was having trouble moveing around the cage from the leg kicks. His flurry near the end of the 3rd round was the only effective one aside from the big knee in round 1.

shogun was winning the fight, did you expect rogan to not make commenets about who's winning?

white,maybe he was on his balls because he dominated the whole fight but maybe the 3rd round.

Z guard - The decision aside,

The annoucing was a complete disgrace.

Joe Rogan has become the manipulative biased corrupt media that he so much dispises.

It s a fucking disgrace on a new level. it sounds like it was Shogun's father who was commentating. It was a just a sad sad one sided joke.

This is without a doubt Obama's fault

OP, why are you so obsessed with Rogan dude? Seriously?

You would have thought the world was coming to an end after the Belcher/ Akiyama fight (which was actually very close) and now this..

Whats the story?

^hello joe

I agree. regardless of who you think won the commentary was mind bottling.

it was frustrating to watch and irritating me, like somebody was popping their gum the whole time.

I remember one time as joe is going apeshit over one right that shogun landed he goes "I don't know who landed more shots there I'd have to see the replay"...12 to 2, Joe. 12 for Machida, 2 for Shogun. you really needed the replay?

it was a close fight, 3 rounds to 2 either all subjecive really. you can make cases for both imo. but the commentary was bizarre. of course peopel favoring shogun or who don't like machida are sure to deny that, as a mid-road fan of both, rogan was terrible. I really like Joe, I don't want him to ever stop commentating for the UFC, but there should be a 3rd party fighter in there to keep things in perspective.

Good post.

Thanks japetto since that fucktard is too lazy to copy and paste.

The Notorious OMG - I agree. regardless of who you think won the commentary was mind bottling.

it was frustrating to watch and irritating me, like somebody was popping their gum the whole time.

I remember one time as joe is going apeshit over one right that shogun landed he goes "I don't know who landed more shots there I'd have to see the replay"...12 to 2, Joe. 12 for Machida, 2 for Shogun. you really needed the replay?

it was a close fight, 3 rounds to 2 either all subjecive really. you can make cases for both imo. but the commentary was bizarre. of course peopel favoring shogun or who don't like machida are sure to deny that, as a mid-road fan of both, rogan was terrible. I really like Joe, I don't want him to ever stop commentating for the UFC, but there should be a 3rd party fighter in there to keep things in perspective.

good post. WHen they showed the replay of all the shots machida landed and only 1 grazing shot landed by shogun Joe says "that right hand by shogun was devastating"

lol @ people trying to impress rogan on here

White Culture - I dont care who you scored the fight for, the commentary last night was disgusting and inexcusable. I expect this kind of pathetic bullshit from goldberg who doesnt know any better but the UFC needs atleast 1 reasonable person commentating.

THere were a dozen instances where both fighters landed a strike simultaneously and every single time joe yelled "SHogun Lands!"

Why are you bitching about Rogan's commenting on Shogun (who CLEARLY won that fight for multiple reasons) and not whining and complaining about the blind and dumb judges who somehow scored every round for Machida ?

SKARHEAD - 
White Culture - I dont care who you scored the fight for, the commentary last night was disgusting and inexcusable. I expect this kind of pathetic bullshit from goldberg who doesnt know any better but the UFC needs atleast 1 reasonable person commentating.

THere were a dozen instances where both fighters landed a strike simultaneously and every single time joe yelled "SHogun Lands!"

Why are you bitching about Rogan's commenting on Shogun (who CLEARLY won that fight for multiple reasons) and not whining and complaining about the blind and dumb judges who somehow scored every round for Machida ?

none of the judges scored every round for machida...

SKARHEAD - 

lol, did you even watch the fight or did you just jump on the internet to argue like 80% of these other people?

either your basic knowledge is laughable or you didn't even see the fight or what the judge's decisisons were.

they scored it 3 rounds to 2 for Machida.

there's only fucking 5 rounds man. it's not unreasonable to say they saw it even with exception to one round they thought Machida won for whatever reason. I figured it would be a split decision but whatever. 3 rounds to 2 is about as close as you can get without a draw.

agreed 100%, Rogan was so hard on Shogun's nuts, we were commenting on that, there were so many simultaneous attacks in the fight, but if you're a tard who lets the announcers tell you who's winning instead of your eyes (like some people I know who watch MMA/boxing), then you'd think Shogun owned him. I agree that the first four rounds were almost too close to call and only round five was conclusive (for Shogun) but I felt Lyoto edged Shogun in the first three, while giving four to Mauricio.

I wanted to fucking mute the tv because the commentating was so bad. Machida countered most of Shogun's attacks and they were making it sound like a one way bashing.

The first 4 rounds are so close its ridiculous i strongly anyone who thought there was a clear winner to rewatch the fight with an open mind

On a fight that close, Rogan would usually have been a positive voice for fight fans, explaining nuances in the fight game that would give either fighter even the smallest advantage over another in technique, power etc...Last night's commentary, on this particular fight, was completely DEVOID of anything even approaching professional play by play. I wonder what the relationship between him and Shogun is? There must be SOMEthing there...

Joe Rogan did fine

he cant control how bad Goldberg is