Holyfield on difference between him and Tyson

2 Likes

"He has two ears - that's one, the other? I don't got all that shit on my face." Respect Holyfield. Respect.

One of my best buddies lil brother never cursed. Something like he was going off in a cursing storm at a church youth meeting where there was only kids but then the preachers wife comes by and hes in the middle of a fuck shit cunt rant and she has this look of utter shock.

Traumatized ol Casey and he never cussed again. 

He sounds really good. I don't know if I imagined it, but I thought he sounded a lot punchier 10 years ago. Maybe my expectations are just really low and I've forgotten what he sounded like 30 years ago...

1 Like

Holyfield was a legit tough guy

Tyson was a bully

2 Likes

ufc98newb - 

He sounds really good. I don't know if I imagined it, but I thought he sounded a lot punchier 10 years ago. Maybe my expectations are just really low and I've forgotten what he sounded like 30 years ago...

Yea he sounded horrible 10 years ago, but he was recently retired at that point. Hopefully it's a sign that there can be a little bit of recovery once you stop taking punches to the head.

dude was in it until death every fight

2 Likes

dangerboy12 - 

Tyson was a bully

They were both legit tough guys.

You are grossely oversimplifying the Tyson side of it.

Tyson had an all time great chin.
He was durable as hell.
His problems were related to his personal life, bad decisions, and lack of hunger.
But he was certainly a "legit tough guy", to say the least.
Sheesh.

When you talk about guys like Joe Frazier or Evander Holyfield-- you are talking about guys who had ridiculous mental toughness, among great fighters.
They are the above average, among the WAY above average.

Implying Tyson isn't a "tough guy", is absurd.

6 Likes

1. What's the point of the advancment in smartphone camera technology when everyone keeps recording in the the ghetto aspect ratio?

2. Holy's best fight that he won, first Bowe fight is obviously best overall, was TKO of Dokes.

3. Best Performance at HW was a one blow KO over Adilson Rodrigues.

1 Like

dude lost $500M.  how the fuck does that happen?

HELWIG -

dude was in it until death every fight

100% real throwback.  Merchant said it best. 

Lewis was the best heavyweight of his era. Holyfield was the best fighter in the heavyweight division during his era. 

EFM - 

dude lost $500M.  how the fuck does that happen?

Build a house that is considerably bigger than most people's land. I think his indoor pool costs thousands to heat. Oh and he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Still my favorite fighter of all time.

Instagram Crush: Billie Jo Powers - Suburban Men

Billie Jo Powers - Tropic Beauty | jimmy tyler | Flickr

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

omg a blonde lady.

go get laid man

Billie Jo Powers - Tropic Beauty | jimmy tyler | Flickr

Fuuuuuuuu

onepunchJD -
dangerboy12 - 

Tyson was a bully

They were both legit tough guys.

You are grossely oversimplifying the Tyson side of it.

Tyson had an all time great chin.
He was durable as hell.
His problems were related to his personal life, bad decisions, and lack of hunger.
But he was certainly a "legit tough guy", to say the least.
Sheesh.

When you talk about guys like Joe Frazier or Evander Holyfield-- you are talking about guys who had ridiculous mental toughness, among great fighters.
They are the above average, among the WAY above average.

Implying Tyson isn't a "tough guy", is absurd.

You miss the entire point.

Bullies dominate those who can't stand up to them. Can't threaten them.

Mike lost every time he faced adversity. Every single time. He never won a close fight. The closest fight he won was against Ruddock, where he was never in any real danger of losing.

Tough guys can take a beating, and come back and win.

Holyfield did it several times, even against Tyson in the first fight.

BrckNoHitBk - 

omg a blonde lady.

go get laid man

^^ homo. 

Holyfield's biggest shortcoming was not using his religious faith to reel in his lust.

He was giving millions in tithes to churches he belonged to, but couldnt stick to just one marriage and kids within wedlock.

Really diminishes an otherwise remarkable man.

Would’ve been a glorious fight if they met while he was in his prime