Home From Ukraine

I was surprised at what Igor looked like. I thought he was alot bigger. He really isnt a BIG guy. Not like Coleman. But he can sure do some damage when he hits you. And he sets up some good combinations too. I keep watching his fight and see that if his opponant reacts like most people would, he would be K.O.'d on any of those combos.

there is a lot of deep rooted culture and pride in Ukraine. They live mostly a simple life, and dont feel bad about their financial situation. We had such a good time there, we wanted to stay another week. Sergey, our driver and good friend then said that they belive good things can only be little. Meaning that if good things happened all the time, they wouldnt be so good. So they appreciate when good things happen, but understand that bad things are a part of life also.

When asked about the election problem, they never really said who they felt was better. They said that the politicians would tell them what they want to hear, and then once in office things wouldnt always change. I thought about how similar it is to here in the US.

The food there was pretty good, but bland. Just about everything was cooked with out spices. Every meal had slices of bread and consisted of a small salad and sliced meat with juice. Then we would get the main course. Breakfast was some poached eggs, potatoes. Each had some mayonaise on it. Not sure what lunch was, we never ate there for lunch. But for dinner we had a chicken filet with egg batter fried on it. And some potatoes. On another night we had lots of pasta cooked in butter and a chicken filet. Then after every meal we would have either coffee or tea.

Hey Darrell!
Glad to hear that this year the show was better than the last one.
Can you please type the names of the fighters involved?
And...are they planning to set up the fights inside a ring (if not a cage)?.
Fighting on a big mat excludes the show from the big media interest.

Hi Dino, I could get the names of the fighters after an email or two. I dont have them off hand. And yes, the fights were still on the huge mat. That is an interesting aspect in itself. By the time you meet your opponant in the center of the mat, you are already tired...hahah

If someone tells me how to post pics, I will put some up from the trip.

He armwrestled Coleman... and won??? Is that for real?

Ya, he said he armwrestled Coleman and Goodrigde. Beat them both. He said someone else, but I cant remember who. I was a little buzzed from our celebrating.

Got it!!! happy me