Homemade pizza

Not homemade but thinking of trying anchovies on pizza. Never had them. I’m sure I’ve had them in a couple Italian dishes but thats it. Sardines are ok, similar in taste?

What are traditional ways to try anchovies on pizza? Just anchovie and “everything” with anchovies?

Maybe this is not a good idea.

Thought maybe sausage, peppers, onions and anchovies could be good but could be a weird fail too.

I think I’m gonna stick with sausage n peppers for the win!

On an only slightly related note, I had heard many times that people who have any degree of gluten sensitivity, don’t have it when eating in Italy (Europe in general). Yet apparently their wheat is pretty much the same as ours. BUT, over there they still use traditional methods when raising the dough with yeast. Their method still takes 12 to 24 hours, and over here we have some kind of modern process that takes only 2 hours. Well apparently the traditional method breaks down the lectins and glutens much more thoroughly and so it causes far less problems.

Looks like there are a few good pizza youtube channels and recipes posted in this new thread so I’ll link it here for subscribers of this old thread. Have not made a pizza in almost two years now, think its time to get back into it again.

the trick with anchovies is to use them very sparingly as they are delicious but extremely salty.

1 Like

Here is a great resource.

Pizza stone in a conventional oven should be heated at 500 degrees for an hour before anything touches it. Then once you are ready with the pizza, move the rack with the stone closer to the top element and cook on broil for about 5-6 minutes.

The longer fermentation really does help with digestion. 24 hours minimum but 48-72 is best.

1 Like

I’m glad this came back up, I think I’ll have to make some dough, cheese, sauce, and pizzas for next weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve made some.

1 Like

This thread has inspired me to make a homemade pizza on my kamado joe