Honda/ Cyborg catch weight?

Why not? The title isn't the issue/ excuse anymore (depending who you ask).

Dear BLAF- I'd buy this as a PPV main event.

Signed Phone Post 3.0

Ronda isn't going to fight her. We'll be lucky if she fights Miesha or Holm.

I think ronda is done. If she wasn't, after watching that fight I'm sure it made her decision. Phone Post 3.0

Cyborg would be the final nail in that over-hyped coffin. Phone Post 3.0

"Why not? "

Probably because there is zero incentive for Ronda to fight a 168lb Cyborg in a meaningless catchweight fight, as opposed to fighting Miesha or Nunes or Holly for the 135 title.

Rhonda doesn't want any part of Cris she went down a weight class already to avoid her.

Cris v Holly is the more interesting fight but they should get Cris a few more fights to introduce her to casual UFC fans. Phone Post 3.0

Signed Phone Post 3.0

"IF" she ever comes back she will target Meisha and Holly before Cyborg.  She thinks she has Meisha's number (and very well may be correct), so that is a win in her mind.  She is motivated to avenge the loss to Holly (and still has a distinct advantage on the ground), so that is a possible win in her mind.  That buys her a year or two to avoid the fight with Cyborg, despite that being the one we all really want to see.  

Ronda does not want to fight her. I think a Holm fight would be interesting for Cyborg. Holm's striking with Jackson's gameplan might be interesting. I still think Cyborg wins. I think Holm would actually fight her. The UFC is going to have a problem finding someone to agree to fight her at a catchweight. The weight thing is just a mirage.....they don't want any part of her.

orcus -

"Why not? "

Probably because there is zero incentive for Ronda to fight a 168lb Cyborg in a meaningless catchweight fight, as opposed to fighting Miesha or Nunes or Holly for the 135 title.

You big dumbass. There's millions and millions of reasons ($$$). Stop trying so hard. Phone Post 3.0

mix headroom - 

Ronda isn't going to fight her. We'll be lucky if she fights Miesha or Holm.

this

IF she comes back I bet she only will fight Miesha

"There's a lot of guys her size she could beat," said Rogan. "I mean, a lot. If you took the roster of the UFC's bantamweights, 135 pounds, and you paired them up against Ronda Rousey, she might be able to beat 50 percent of them. That's not a joke." Phone Post 3.0

klabo - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

You big dumbass. There's millions and millions of reasons ($$$). Stop trying so hard. Phone Post 3.0

Ronda will make millions and million no matter whom she fights. She is at worst the second-biggest draw in MMA history.

Compared to how many buys she'll get for her return fight, title fight, Holly rematch, whatever, if Cyborg provides any bump at all it would probably be minor. Regaining the belt and getting back on top would do a lot more for Ronda than a one-off with Cyborg.

There is really no incentive for anyone to move up to fight Cyborg, except for those people for whom that would be their only shot at a high-profile fight like that. Middle of the ranks types who won't likely get near title contendership. Doing it for bragging rights might sound cool on forums, but we're talking about their careers. They'd be fighting a woman who is as good as any of the top women, but who is much bigger than they are, and for some bizarre reason they'd be doing it at her preferred weight as though she is the one in a position to call the shots.

How does that make sense?

orcus -
klabo - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Ronda will make millions and million no matter whom she fights. She is at worst the second-biggest draw in MMA history.

Compared to how many buys she'll get for her return fight, title fight, Holly rematch, whatever, if Cyborg provides any bump at all it would probably be minor. Regaining the belt and getting back on top would do a lot more for Ronda than a one-off with Cyborg.

There is really no incentive for anyone to move up to fight Cyborg, except for those people for whom that would be their only shot at a high-profile fight like that. Middle of the ranks types who won't likely get near title contendership. Doing it for bragging rights might sound cool on forums, but we're talking about their careers. They'd be fighting a woman who is as good as any of the top women, but who is much bigger than they are, and for some bizarre reason they'd be doing it at her preferred weight as though she is the one in a position to call the shots.

If you're not a fight fan, what are you doing here?

klabo -
orcus -

"Why not? "

She can make millions fighting Bethe Correia.

She ain't fighting Cyborg unless it's on her way out like Carano did. One last paycheck.

After getting knocked out cold by Holm she may not even be the same fighter any more. Many fighters are different after a KO. I think this match up is greatly diminished now. I'd still like to see it but it's not quite the same now. Phone Post 3.0

If Cyborg wants the big fights she has to lose 4 more pounds. Not a big ask imo... Phone Post 3.0

But I doubt Ronda wants anywhere near that fight... Phone Post 3.0

Ronda will be in an awkward spot when she can't make 135 anymore Phone Post 3.0

Glovegate - 
orcus -
klabo - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

If you're not a fight fan, what are you doing here?

I don't think Ronda should have to move up to make this fight.

Some (possibly you among them?) don't think Cyborg should have to move down to make this fight.

How does my opinion on which of the two should have to accomodate the other make me less of a fight fan?

How does my logical opinion on why any of these women would or would not or should or should not do these things make me less of a fight fan?

How does my opinion that we would get more of an actual "fight" if Cyborg were fighting with a reduced weight advantage make me less of a fight fan?

I get that you, like Rockwell, really crave attention from me, but when it drives you to make non-sensical posts, it's really embarassing for you -- or at least, it should be.