Honda/ Cyborg catch weight?

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - If Cyborg wants the big fights she has to lose 4 more pounds. Not a big ask imo... Phone Post 3.0

yep, she really doesn't want big fights unless she gets to keep her ill-gotten brute strength. just cut 4 more lbs Cris.

orcus -

"Why not? "

Probably because there is zero incentive for Ronda to fight a 168lb Cyborg in a meaningless catchweight fight, as opposed to fighting Miesha or Nunes or Holly for the 135 title.

Biggest women's fight in history, Making millions, and an opportunity to settle a rivalry=no incentive Phone Post 3.0

Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Probably because there is zero incentive for Ronda to fight a 168lb Cyborg in a meaningless catchweight fight, as opposed to fighting Miesha or Nunes or Holly for the 135 title.

Biggest women's fight in history, Making millions, and an opportunity to settle a rivalry=no incentive Phone Post 3.0

yeah, it's crazy that Cyborg won't cut the weight.

Nick Diaz still GOAT -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Why would you want her to? You realize that she tried, right? The fact of the matter is she offered to fight at 140 and Ronda turned it down. She's ducked her for years. I'd be surprised if fatty can make 135 now. Phone Post 3.0

This fight needs to happen. I don't know why Ronda won't cut the frappacinos and make weight. Phone Post 3.0

orcus -

"Why not? "

Besides the millions it will make ? Phone Post 3.0

bemsqua - Ronda does not want to fight her. I think a Holm fight would be interesting for Cyborg. Holm's striking with Jackson's gameplan might be interesting. I still think Cyborg wins. I think Holm would actually fight her. The UFC is going to have a problem finding someone to agree to fight her at a catchweight. The weight thing is just a mirage.....they don't want any part of her.
Great post! Phone Post 3.0

Catchweight at 175 lbs now?

I am sure Ronda is the heavier of the two now. Phone Post 3.0

I think Cyborg would beat Ronda Phone Post 3.0

GJdeux -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Why would you want her to? You realize that she tried, right? The fact of the matter is she offered to fight at 140 and Ronda turned it down. She's ducked her for years. I'd be surprised if fatty can make 135 now. Phone Post 3.0

you realize that ronda said many times she won't reward a cheater. Stupid arguments on there. Ya know... a 115 can make 140 as well... if cyborg can't make the weight (4 more pounds, c'mon) then shut the fuck up. The ball has been in her court for years and she's refused.
In all fairness she rewarded Travis Browne and he was cheating while she did it. Phone Post 3.0

GJdeux -
RoyNelsonsTVDinner - Cyborg would be the final nail in that over-hyped coffin. Phone Post 3.0

over-hyped? How many title defenses does she have in a few years? How many does cris have? yea, thought so
You do realise it's possible to be successful and still overhyped right?

Talk of fighting Mayweather (and winning)? Rogan crying on podcasts? Dana declaring her P4P No.1? Dominating a weaker than average division? Avoiding fighting Cyborg?

Shall I carry on? Phone Post 3.0

NikkoBarro - This fight needs to happen. I don't know why Ronda won't cut the frappacinos and make weight. Phone Post 3.0

This fight needs to happen. 

NikkoBarro

What I find interesting is I have a read a few social media comments and casual fans are asking why Ronda never fought Cris. In my opinion it all makes sense now

Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Really? When did she try? This was the first time she has gone below 145 in a decade, barring a practice 140 cut in camp before this. Her own nutritionist, whom she praises to the heavens, said it would be "no problem" to get her to 135 -- right up until Cyborg made talking about 135 a "no-no" in her camp.

"The fact of the matter is she offered to fight at 140 and Ronda turned it down."

The fact of the matter is UFC gave Cyborg an immediate title shot against Ronda in the biggest women's fight of all time, and Cyborg turned it down and asked to be released so she could go fight nobodies in Invicta.

At that time, Cyborg was walking around at just 160lb, and would have been able to use an IV for recovery. This weekend, Cyborg supposedly cut from 168 to 139 with no IV and was said to "breeze" through the cut and was "the fastest, most explosive Cyborg ever".

lifeaftrprison - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

Besides the millions it will make ? Phone Post 3.0

Ronda made millions fighting Bethe Correia. Why accomodate a 170lb woman by fighting her at 140?

BigTedBear - Rhonda doesn't want any part of Cris she went down a weight class already to avoid her.

Cris v Holly is the more interesting fight but they should get Cris a few more fights to introduce her to casual UFC fans. Phone Post 3.0

Are you talking about the time period when Cris was ingesting steroids that men use?  And that she still retains the effects from.

In Phone Post 3.0

Phil999 -
BigTedBear - Rhonda doesn't want any part of Cris she went down a weight class already to avoid her.

Cris v Holly is the more interesting fight but they should get Cris a few more fights to introduce her to casual UFC fans. Phone Post 3.0

Are you talking about the time period when Cris was ingesting steroids that men use?  And that she still retains the effects from.

You're an idiot. I like you but we've taken muscle off her---real muscle weight. The woman fought at her lightest weight in 10 years...and you're saying she has retained strength from 5 years ago despite this being her 4th fight under usada... Phone Post 3.0

GJdeux -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

you realize that ronda said many times she won't reward a cheater. Stupid arguments on there. Ya know... a 115 can make 140 as well... if cyborg can't make the weight (4 more pounds, c'mon) then shut the fuck up. The ball has been in her court for years and she's refused.

After Cris' suspension, Ronda said that she'd fight her at 140. 

Jabber -
GJdeux -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
orcus -

"Why not? "

After Cris' suspension, Ronda said that she'd fight her at 140. 

Jabber

In addition to your great point, Dana is on record saying he would be open to Cris vs Ronda at 140 if Ronda asks for the fight. Ronda is on record saying she would be open to fighting Cris at 140 if Dana asks

Rhonda will run Phone Post 3.0