Honest question about marijuana legalization.

I don't think the prices will drop? Why would they they companies would still be out to make money, which sucks because there would obviously be an abundance of it. 

My question is OG if it was legalized and if you're in a state that it is legalized. How or has it effected your prices?

Who cares what it costs at the store when you can grow it next to your tomatos for almost nothing? Phone Post

QuinTheEskimo - Who cares what it costs at the store when you can grow it next to your tomatos for almost nothing? Phone Post
That's a pretty solid point. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - Who cares what it costs at the store when you can grow it next to your tomatos for almost nothing? Phone Post
It's not quite that easy. Phone Post 3.0

Government taxes aren't as bad as street taxes.

I know my boy in CO is paying around 10 a gram for good good.

but here in conservative ass VA everynow and then when times are rough I would be forced to fork over 200 for a 1/2 OZ of straight mexican brick weed.

They would be stupid to overprice it. If the price was higher than the dealers than people would just still buy from their dealers and the gov wouldn't make money on it.

Depends what they mean by leglization.

Will farmers be able to grow fields of it ??

Ryduce - Government taxes aren't as bad as street taxes.

I know my boy in CO is paying around 10 a gram for good good.

but here in conservative ass VA everynow and then when times are rough I would be forced to fork over 200 for a 1/2 OZ of straight mexican brick weed.

That's sad. Have to love Cali I guess. 

UGCTT_CloudStrife - 

They would be stupid to overprice it. If the price was higher than the dealers than people would just still buy from their dealers and the gov wouldn't make money on it.

My logic is and this would answer Tehunamatata's question also, is that it would be treated like cigs. So grown like tabacco and all that. But I wonder if since there would be any even greater abundance of it if the prices would drop like a pack of cigs. How much does an OZ of tobacco cost compared to an OZ of weed? I'm just wondering if it was to ever happen if it would make the prices drop like tobacco or if they would be greedy. I see these companies being money hungry. 

Competition has already pushed down prices in Colorado from the stuff I've seen on the internet. 

If it stayed the same price, but I could get it anytime I wanted, quality was more consistent, and no trouble from the police, I would still be fucking amped.

And I would buy it instead of growing my own. I could brew my own beer, but I don't think I can do as good a job as a good brewer can without investing way too much time.

iHazpoopz - 

I don't think the prices will drop? Why would they they companies would still be out to make money, which sucks because there would obviously be an abundance of it. 

My question is OG if it was legalized and if you're in a state that it is legalized. How or has it effected your prices?

prices have plummeted in Colorado in the last 8 years

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24051108/long-line-free-pot-giveaway-at-civic-center

they give weed away for free in Denver parks

gregbrady - 
iHazpoopz - 

prices have plummeted in Colorado in the last 8 years

Thank you. That's why I was asking. From what I understand in Colorado come January you just won't need your card to get into the dispensieries. 

Vote up!

Prices did drop in CA. When I was still smoking(10yrs ago) 300/oz was the norm. Now, my friends that still puff say that the same quality(non commercial chron) is available for 100-125/oz. while the super rare, primo herb is up to 200. The top end used to be around 375-400 10yrs ago.

LotionInTheBasket -
It's not quite that easy. Phone Post 3.0

Sure it is. Phone Post

^ lets not pretend growing weed is a magical process guys. Its a skill, skills can be learned. Phone Post