Hong Kong protest origin..

Talked to my buyer (best buyer I ever met) and was curious and asked her about the riots in HK and her thoughts. Long story short, she told me it was based on a boyfriend / girlfriend Chinese couple who went to Taiwan (I believe) and where the boyfriend (from mainland China) killed his girlfriend and had immunity because he was in Taiwan and the family rebelled thus the catalyst for said riots.

Poiupoiu - there was a good recap for a 5 year old, but i cant find the thread now

Ya man - she basically told how it began and how the match was lit regarding mainland China trying to enforce Chinese who are outside mainland China to become accountable for horrible shit like what happened to the gf..

1 Like

Just America being America and trying screw around in everyone's business.

Most all of this is cookie cutter stuff the US has been doing vigorously since 2001.

Hessian - Just America being America and trying screw around in everyone's business.

Most all of this is cookie cutter stuff the US has been doing vigorously since 2001.

what is the US doing exactly?

Poiupoiu - there was a good recap for a 5 year old, but i cant find the thread now

Damn,  I am that 5 year old.  I didn't get to read the reply because that thread is gone.  Was the reply good? Can anyone else explain the situation to me like I'm 5? As in,  historical context,  how we got here,  China relationship with Hong kong,  etc...

The CCP wanted this extradition rule for a long time. They were just waiting for the right scenario to get it passed...and the Taiwanese boyfriend case came along, and the CCP seized the opportunity. 

The only people who think this is really about the Taiwanese guy are brainwashed mainlanders. The CCP has already been kidnapping people (like booksellers) and taking them across the border to face kangaroo courts in mainland China...the extradition bill would just be legalizing and institutionalizing the practice. 

ttt

gregbrady - 
Hessian - Just America being America and trying screw around in everyone's business.

Cookie cutter stuff, man!

Vigorously too... since like between 2000 & 2002.

You know how America be,  tryn' to screw' around in everyone's business.

shen -
gregbrady - 

Cookie cutter stuff, man!

Vigorously too... since like between 2000 & 2002.

You know how America be,  tryn' to screw' around in everyone's business.

lol