Hooker: Gaethje, Cowboy or Lee to give Khabib trou

ble.

Dan Hooker believes current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is beatable and has named three fighters he thinks are capable of dethroning 'The Eagle'.

Hooker (18-8 MMA) will return to action in the co-headliner of next month's highly anticipated UFC 243 event where he will square off with former title challenger Al Iaquinta.

If 'The Hangman' can emerge victorious against 'Raging Al' he could be just one more win away from an eventual showdown with the UFC's reigning lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.

'The Hangman' recently sat down with The Score MMA's James Lynch where he discussed which fighters could potentially offer the undefeated Russian some problems.

"Yeah I think there are a lot of guys in the top ten who could give him trouble," Dan Hooker said. "I feel like (Justin) Gaethje will give him a lot of trouble. I fee like, just stylistically, all this whole sport comes down to is how we match up stylistically. I feel like Kevin Lee would give, you know they just have the style. They have the style to match the wrestling, or to outpace him in the wrestling. I feel like Gaethje is the worst matchup for Khabib Nurmagomedov at this stage. But I feel like Gaethje, Cowboy (Cerrone) or Kevin Lee would give him an immense amount of trouble."

Cowboy? He would be crushed, Kevin Lee could perhaps but his fight IQ seems too low

2 Likes

Justin yes. Lee will gas and break khabib won't 

Someone with power can knock him down. Not sure if his big ass head can be KO'ed but anyone can get caught and knocked down. 

Dustin caught him flush on the chin 3-4 times in the first two minutes of round two. I think TGergs 76" reach can and will knock him down. If Tony pounces too quick, I think Bib counters and gets top position and chokes him out. 

Beeb smesh

Lee vs Khabib round one is the most interesting round in the whole sport.  Every round past round one tho is a wipe out.  Lee is too weak in the cardio department to make it interesting after then, got subbed by RDA and Tony even, but the first round might see Khabib get outwrestled.  Lee has so many tools but suck a poor fight IQ.  If he could outfit that 78 inch reach with a jab, and that super human strength with a gas tank, he would be devastating.

Lee can take the 1st round before he gets crushed.

Gaethe could k.o. him but won't win a decision.

Cowboy lol.

Lol what? Ruins any point he makes by including cowboy 

Damn, thought you were going to say any three of them to give Khabib trousers...maybe to match the hat? I'll see my way out now.

JBaybee -

Damn, thought you were going to say any three of them to give Khabib trousers...maybe to match the hat? I'll see my way out now.

:)

Kevin Lee would give Khabib trouble for 1 round then gas.  Cowboy would be taken down in the first and be finished in the 3rd.

Khabib, the number one guy for breaking fighters spirits. Cowboy and Lee, two of the easiest guys to break. Just not sure how he sees those 2 as a problem. Gaethje could absolutely give Khabib trouble. 

touch -

ble.

Dan Hooker believes current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is beatable and has named three fighters he thinks are capable of dethroning 'The Eagle'.

Hooker (18-8 MMA) will return to action in the co-headliner of next month's highly anticipated UFC 243 event where he will square off with former title challenger Al Iaquinta.

If 'The Hangman' can emerge victorious against 'Raging Al' he could be just one more win away from an eventual showdown with the UFC's reigning lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.

'The Hangman' recently sat down with The Score MMA's James Lynch where he discussed which fighters could potentially offer the undefeated Russian some problems.

"Yeah I think there are a lot of guys in the top ten who could give him trouble," Dan Hooker said. "I feel like (Justin) Gaethje will give him a lot of trouble. I fee like, just stylistically, all this whole sport comes down to is how we match up stylistically. I feel like Kevin Lee would give, you know they just have the style. They have the style to match the wrestling, or to outpace him in the wrestling. I feel like Gaethje is the worst matchup for Khabib Nurmagomedov at this stage. But I feel like Gaethje, Cowboy (Cerrone) or Kevin Lee would give him an immense amount of trouble."

Ferg, Gaejthe, Gisseppe that order, no one else

cowboy, lol

Cerrone being a top tier fighter is a myth