Hooking up NES and SNES to new TVs?

Hey guys i recently unearthed my old NES and SNES and would love to give them a go and take a trip down memory lane but my tv doesnt have any ports that seem to support the old consoles. Is there any way i can play on a new tv or gadgets i can buy to get these hooked up or do i need a CRT tv? Phone Post 3.0

Getting a CRT would be the easiest/cheapest option. People are giving them away.

You can just download an emulator. They work ten times better anyways Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit tried my snes last week, but no channel 3-4?!?! Didn't work.

Go to eStarland.com order s- video or RCA cables for your system there. It's a good place to find lots of retro gaming stuff. Phone Post 3.0

They will work on most new tvs but the light gun wont work

Can also just buy a retron 5 console that has hdmi hookup and plays nes, snes, sega gen, gba, famcon

Or you can buy a rca to hdmi converter for around 50 bux maybe cheaper now been a few years Phone Post 3.0

It won't make you happy. The graphics on a large screen will be extremely pixelated. That's why games like bond can only really play well on a smaller tv. Just my .02. Phone Post 3.0

TheHouse - It won't make you happy. The graphics on a large screen will be extremely pixelated. That's why games like bond can only really play well on a smaller tv. Just my .02. Phone Post 3.0
Rca to hdmi converter can put the games up to 720 and look amazing on big screen...some still look like shit but not all

Retron 5 is awesome Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - 
The Sultan - You can just download an emulator. They work ten times better anyways Phone Post 3.0
Not the same! Phone Post 3.0

Right, emulators are actually way better.

Clarence Parents -
Mihow - 
The Sultan - You can just download an emulator. They work ten times better anyways Phone Post 3.0

Right, emulators are actually way better.
Nope...not even close

And if u speed run at all then NO! Phone Post 3.0

I've only read about this, but the syncing between the game and screen will be off. This can be frustrating when playing games that require fast reaction, and can be noticable on really any game.

Get a device called the 'framemeister'. It will sync up the screen and console, and will be about a 95% improvement. It's not perfect, but way better.

the games will look and play dramatically better with an old style tv set. thats what sucks with the new hd sets

Thanks for the responses guys. Ill check out all of the suggestions and see what is best for me. Phone Post 3.0

Just an FYI
The new tvs are too high tech and the old school gun will not register and work... have not found a solution for this Phone Post 3.0

Mihow -
I agree to a point, and then I have to ask the question.

" what's the experience? "

Blowing in a cartridge? Fucking with a coax cable?

Imo the experience has passed, and a emulator is the best route to take. Phone Post 3.0

The best monitor I've found for NES is an old Commodore 1702 monitor. You can still find them at thrift shops sometimes. It really gives the games an authentic feel. Playing an NES on a HDTV is really a half measure.

Assassin 45 - Go to eStarland.com order s- video or RCA cables for your system there. It's a good place to find lots of retro gaming stuff. Phone Post 3.0
Awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Reminds of that South Park episode where they had the latest system from the future but could not hook it up.

Crazy cause it's kinda true today almost Phone Post 3.0

Emulator with a USB adaptor for the snes controller Phone Post 3.0

Assassin 45 - Go to eStarland.com order s- video or RCA cables for your system there. It's a good place to find lots of retro gaming stuff. Phone Post 3.0
Sub for this Phone Post 3.0