Hopkins/Kovalev starting NOW

MMFT - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Bry Bry - i have no idea who Kovalev is, was he the favorite going into this fight??is he unbeaten?
Yes and Yes. He's a nasty power puncher from Russia. He literally killed an opponent (guy died from his injuries later). Phone Post 3.0

Death of Roman Simakov

In his 2011 fight against Roman Simakov, Kovalev knocked down his opponent in the sixth round and the fight was stopped one round later and Kovalev was awarded a TKO victory. Tragically, Simakov was taken to the hospital, where he lapsed into a coma and died three days later. Kovalev went to church with his wife Natalia to pray for Simakov while he was in a coma. He bought airline tickets for Simakov's parents to get from Kemerovo to Ekaterinburg where the fight was held. After Simakov died, Kovalev apologized to Simakov's parents and promised them the prize money from his next fight.

Jesus, that would be tough to continue to compete after something like that. VU for the back story...

I think after B-Hop felt the power of Kovalev in the 1st with the knockdown he changed up his outlook on the fight. I don't care if he didn't generate much offense in this 1 I think what he did in that fight at his age is almost as impressive as some of his biggest wins. Huge respect for Hopkins to be competing at the highest level at that age and not looking for a way out. True legend in the game.

i thought hopkins might have had a trick up his sleeve, but it was pretty one sided. stevenson has nothing for kovalev.

A near-50-yr-old man still having the chin and defensive savvy to go the distance against a monster like Kovalev? Damn impressive imo.

Bry Bry - i have no idea who Kovalev is, was he the favorite going into this fight??is he unbeaten?

He's a top guy in the sport. HW KO power at LHW. HBO is on his dick. Round 12 is how he usually fights the whole time. Fought a smart fight against the old pro. I was afraid that he'd come out like a Bezerker and Hopkins would pull a Pavlik on him.

Beluthunter - Awesome fight. Adonis Stevenson will not ever face kovalev
Why not? Phone Post 3.0

looking at wiki and there's 3 champions adonis/sergey/jurgen at LHW. can either adonis/sergey fight jurgen brahmer soon? i don't know who the german is but is there anything stopping him from fighting another champ

BuddyRevell - 

A near-50-yr-old man still having the chin and defensive savvy to go the distance against a monster like Kovalev? Damn impressive imo.

This.

BHop is a fucking MAN, but Kovalev was always going to be too much for him. I wondered if Hopkins might have some old man tricks that would get him a W here, but Kovalev just hits too fucking hard.

Hopkins was slowed down by his 5lb balls. Drained the blood right out of his arms. Phone Post 3.0

BuddyRevell -

Truth Phone Post 3.0

Cyboth - 
Why not? Phone Post 3.0

Adonis jumped to Showtime

newjack900 - 
Cyboth - 
Why not? Phone Post 3.0

this. the man couldn't run faster either!! the man is shitting his pants right now!! bhop beats Adonis and kovalev destroys him!!

Kovalev will beat Adonis so bad, Stevenson will go back to full time pimping

xsrg95 - looking at wiki and there's 3 champions adonis/sergey/jurgen at LHW. can either adonis/sergey fight jurgen brahmer soon? i don't know who the german is but is there anything stopping him from fighting another champ

His German-ness is stopping him from fighting another champ. 

Beluthunter -
newjack900 - 
Cyboth - 
Why not? Phone Post 3.0

this. the man couldn't run faster either!! the man is shitting his pants right now!! bhop beats Adonis and kovalev destroys him!!
What a puss, he'll have to do it, their promoter is scared shitless of Kovalev. He was the color commentator for the french broadcast.

Fucker gave one round to Hopkins. Phone Post 3.0

Huge props to Bernard for taking this fight and hanging in there.