Hose water bad for plants?!?!?

So, I, like I would guess the vast majority of you, water my plants out of my hose the vast majority of the time. Sprinkler, hose attachment, or just the hose.

But as I learn about this gardening stuff I see that tap water contains chlorine, which is bad for the soil microbes, which soil microbes you need for the health of your plants?

WTF? Iv'e been watering with tap water for like my entire life, could never really tell any problem. Do I really need to be waterin with distilled or reverse osmosis water, or de-chlorinate my tap water before I water? That would make it a MAJOR fuking pain...

Thanks for any help!!!

stanky leg - 

I've been watering like a motherfucker lately, some plants definitely don't like it. Leaves start to yellow etc. Good point about the microbes though, thought it was just the plant not liking the chlorine. I'll have to see if there's a system to remove just the chlorine that I could use only on my 3 hose bib faucets.

So, a little vitamin C will take out the chlorine. But that means you can't just water from your hose, you'd have to put it in buckets, add the C, then wait a few min and water from the buckets. Like a TON more work than just busting out the hose. :(

https://googlethatforyou.com?q=Hose%20water%20bad%20for%20plants

What happened to trickle-schlong?

1 Like

Maybe you are watering too much.

OblongBox - 

Dude, wtf? That LITERALLY had zero helpful links that I saw. You just literally proved it was a great question for me to be asking lolololol. Thanks dawg!!!!!

Only Fiji water works. Stock up

I just realized the same thing from some YouTube videos. Seems like people setup rain barrels and use that water.  I wouldnt want to create a mosquito sex pool though

KingSchlong -
OblongBox - 

Dude, wtf? That LITERALLY had zero helpful links that I saw. You just literally proved it was a great question for me to be asking lolololol. Thanks dawg!!!!!

Dude, you are literally the dumbest fuck this site has ever seen besides Hamslice and PondCakes.

1 Like

3 Likes

I can’t vote you down fast enough 

NiteProwleR - 

Dude...perrier is way better.

Plants fucking love bubbles

1 Like

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

That's the most disgusting grill I've ever seen. 

1 Like

It is. 

I've got chloramine filters on the hose I water my plants with. 

I replace the filter cartridges every season. 

Seriously homoslice? Use bleach in the hose dumb fuck. Plus plants like it as well. Learn how to be a man you pathetic cunt. 

1 Like

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
NiteProwleR - 

Dude...perrier is way better.

Plants fucking love bubbles

Idiocracy's Brawndo is now available in a drinking fountain, with ...

2 Likes

MojoSoDope -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

That's the most disgusting grill I've ever seen. 

And that grill is only a few weeks old. The guy is a major slob.

2 Likes

stanky leg -

I've been watering like a motherfucker lately, some plants definitely don't like it. Leaves start to yellow etc. Good point about the microbes though, thought it was just the plant not liking the chlorine. I'll have to see if there's a system to remove just the chlorine that I could use only on my 3 hose bib faucets.

I put my water into a reservoir, then let it aerate for a bit using a pond pump circulating through a hose. This causes the chlorine to evaporate. I then add nutrients, then PH.

1 Like

Someone please bump the Trickleslice 2.0 thread made by a poster named Homeslice. Definitely not the same as OP, but his invention in that post would be most helpful in this case.