Hospital in Texas says No Jab No Job! As Nurses Fired

covidpassport

22 Likes

An experimental drug in stage 3 trials. Unbelievable. shakes head

7 Likes

They should have showed their bosses that legal letter that was posted on the og.

3 Likes

Sounds reasonable, it’s not computer programming they’re doing, they’re treating sick patients.

1 Like

Ppl will tell you we have a skilled worker shortage in this country to justify importing half of India in one breath and then fire these skilled workers for the dumbest reasons, like not taking a vaccine still in clinical trials or casual cannabis use on the weekend. Large business interests control our govt

7 Likes

Why the fuck do people keep calling it a jab?

9 Likes

I’m torn as far as everyday Jim Bob Joe goes in getting the vaccine. Workers on the frontline in healthcare should have a choice as well and they do. You either vaccinate or start looking at employment else where. This is a double edged sword for any healthcare facility that goes this route. Your looking at now having to find suitable replacements to cover those shifts left open. Good luck with that.

Even though most schools have gone to virtual learning, it’s almost impossible to implement that into nursing programs that require clinicals in order to graduate. So now your left with pushing students through who may not be adequately prepared or suspending the program until things clear up.

So now as a patient you have to ask yourself what you are more comfortable with? Medical personnel who are not vaccinated treating you or medical personnel who may not have acquired the skill and knowledge necessary to treat you?

1 Like

That was always nurse-speak in the northeast. My mother always called shots jabs. Never asked why.

1 Like

Anyone who wants the vaccine can get it. Being vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting the virus or from transmitting the virus. Why the fuck does it matter if the nurses are vaccinated? This shit is beyond ridiculous

8 Likes

Scary!

Firing a competent nurse does more damage to public health than an unvaccinated nurse taking precautions would. I also think if your job requires you to be vaccinated any adverse effects should be covered by workers comp

8 Likes

Left jab followed by a right cross.

4 Likes

I agree. I could see them going this route if covid cases were increasing exponentially but they’ve been dropping like a rock for months now. They will shoot themselves in the foot getting rid of the nurses.

1 Like

It’s like pushing the vaccine was the goal all along…

4 Likes

I don’t think there is any conspiracy there. If it was some nefarious plan to inject everyone with magnetic particles they would fake the data to show an increase in cases.

Curious what you’ll do when this comes to your work place? It’s probably going to be standard everywhere now that the precedent is being set.

Glad I work remotely.

what an absolute joke. Think about it. If NURSES are refusing the vax, then doesnt that say something? How anyone buys into this garbage at this point is beyond me

8 Likes

If there was an over abundance of workers I could see it. But with a labor shortage many companies will not be able to take this route

1 Like