Hospital Kicks 800 lb Man Out For Sneaking Pizza

An 800 lbs. Man Was Kicked Out Of The Hospital For Ordering Pizza

A man from Cranston who weighs 778 pounds is desperate for help after he said Rhode Island Hospital kicked him out.

The man's father said he has nowhere to take his son.

Steven Assanti, 33, said his eating addiction lead him to the trunk of his father's SUV with no place to go.

"It's an addiction, and I realize that," said Assanti.{} "And it's a disease."

For the past 80 days, Assanti said, he was getting the help he needed at Rhode Island Hospital. There, he lost 20 pounds.

But after Assanti violated his care plan by ordering pizza, he said the hospital told him he could no longer stay.

"I was supposed to stay there and lose all my weight and get down to 550 to get the gastric bypass," said Assanti. "That was their plan."

A spokesperson for Rhode Island Hospital told NBC 10 News they can't speak about Assanti's case, or the treatment of any other patients.

His father, Steven Veillette, said taking his son home will be a death sentence.

"If he comes home and I do get him up the stairs somehow, someway he's going to go right back to his eating habits," Veillette said.

So, the two men say they'll continue to drive until they find a place that will help.

"I just don't know who to turn to," Veillette said. "I called everybody - everybody you can think of in the state of Rhode Island and nobody seems to be (able to) help me."

As of 6 p.m., Veillette said Assanti was in the waiting room at Kent Hospital's emergency area. About an hour later, Veillette called NBC 10, noting that his son will be able to stay at Kent for the night.

His social worker is looking into another permanent location.

Who can help him?

Can anyone help this man?

He needs help!

He should have just hid a pizza in his arm pit prior to checking in.

Disgusting. Imagine how many calories per day it takes to maintain that weight. 20lbs in 80 days in a hospital? He's been sneaking food this whole time. It may be an addiction, but it's not a fucking disease. Phone Post 3.0

Honor my curves and my pepperoni pizza nipples Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Kaneman82 - Disgusting. Imagine how many calories per day it takes to maintain that weight. 20lbs in 80 days in a hospital? He's been sneaking food this whole time. It may be an addiction, but it's not a fucking disease. Phone Post 3.0

Yep.

EXTREMELY obese people can lose a massive amount of weight right off the bat just by lower calories.

Hes 100% been sneaking food the entire stay.

You guys are cruel its obvious he has a genetic disorder Phone Post 3.0

He should've just cut one of his legs off if he needed to get to 550lbs Phone Post 3.0

He only lost 20lbs in 80 days? I bet if everyone enabling him stopped bringing him a whole fucking pizza to snake on his fat ass could lose more that 20lbs in 80 fucking days. If anything he should be pissed at the hospital for only losing 20lbs.

Had Dad, why don't you stop killing your son and give him some tough love. Try taking him a veggy tray instead of a whole fucking pizza.

He should launch a "what should I do?" campaign Phone Post 3.0

This is why fat shaming should be encouraged.

I can't wait until he sues and wins most likely.........

God damn that's a lot of weight

That fat cockcucker has to place a shit ton of mirrors in just the right angles to see his junk

How do people ever get to this level of obesity?

Honestly...it must just be a fuck load of eating shitty food and a 100% inactive, sloth life

Hired Gun - He only lost 20lbs in 80 days? I bet if everyone enabling him stopped bringing him a whole fucking pizza to snake on his fat ass could lose more that 20lbs in 80 fucking days. If anything he should be pissed at the hospital for only losing 20lbs.

Had Dad, why don't you stop killing your son and give him some tough love. Try taking him a veggy tray instead of a whole fucking pizza.

This right here. The dad should be shot. Anyone who's that big has an enabler. Quit bringing them shit food and force some healthy food on them. They can either eat it or starve. A win/win situation imo.

Pizza the Hut?

It is sad, and sort of surreal, to live in an era where people are able to become ... that.

This is literally the only time in history when a man could do that to himself. At no other time has so much food - often high calorie, high fat - food been available in such abundance. At no other time would society carry someone like that. And, at no other time, would the medicines be available to keep someone like that alive.

Chimonos Revenge - Pizza the Hut?
Bring me soda and the cookie. Phone Post 3.0

Haha, he's on a path to get to 250 lbs in 2.5 years. Wtf kind of weight loss plan is that?