Hotels near Tiger Muay Thai

Hi Guys, I'll be going on my first trip to Thailand in January next year, and was wondering if any of you have previously been to Tiger, and what hotels you stayed at?

I'm preferably looking for a place not to far from Tiger, but also not to far from everything else such as the sightseeing, shopping, other gyms etc. As it is my first trip there, I'd like to stay somewhere quite comfortable.

I've looked on Google and have found multiple hotels near Tiger, however I've also heard from many ppl that not all hotels are what they seem on the net.

Any help would be awesome, many thanks!!

PS: Although i'm looking to do privates for my mma, muay thai game at Tiger, if anyone else knows a place i definitely have to visit whilst in Phuket, let me know. (training or not training related).

Why don't you just stay at the serviced apartments at Tiger?

From what I've heard, Tiger is apparently 20-30 mins from the night scenery and other major places to visit.

Although I plan to train at Tiger daily, I'll only be doing privates and won;t be taking part in the normal classes, so that I can get the most out of my stay. As privates only last 60- 90 mins, I'd rather have a Hotel not far from Tiger, but also not to far from the main city/ touric areas etc.

planning on going out solo in Thailand, eh?

ttt

Cyril Jeff -  planning on going out solo in Thailand, eh?

No I'll be with two other mates I also train with

If you're in BKK, I can hook you up with a hotel deal in the Pratunam area.

Pugilist82 - If you're in BKK, I can hook you up with a hotel deal in the Pratunam area.

How far is that from Phuket?

Khabeer Rockley - 
Pugilist82 - If you're in BKK, I can hook you up with a hotel deal in the Pratunam area.

How far is that from Phuket?

30 minute flight.

Thanks, I may possibly visit, but most probably will stay in Phuket

frederic - How long are you going to be there? Can't you train at the camp fulltime for half and sightsee and get ladyboys for the other half?

I'll be there for 3 weeks. I'll do a private everyday in the mornings, and sight see for the afternoons and party evenings. i'm looking at hopefully being able to rotate the privates daily between muay thai and their wrestling/ bjj/ mma.

I'll learn more through the privates than in the normal classes, as I've heard there are plenty of students that take part in the usual classes. Plus the Aussie $ is quite strong right now, so the privates won't be too expensive.

I would make training recovery a priority if I were you. I have seen a ton of guys come to Thailand, train the first week, then get burn out on all the other stuff they are doing and abadon their training within a week.

BJJStudent - I would make training recovery a priority if I were you. I have seen a ton of guys come to Thailand, train the first week, then get burn out on all the other stuff they are doing and abadon their training within a week.

Thanks man, I'll definitely keep this is mind. Lucky for me I don't drink at all, so if I do head out at night I'll still be fresh for training in the mornings.

Has anyone been to Tiger and done the MMA privates?

TTT I want to go to Tiger also so this interests me.

Went out there with the guys from Pancrase London (Jess Liaudin, Dean Jones & Ash Grimshaw) in 2006. We stayed in the 'Fathers Apartments' just off the Chalong Circle. 5 min scooter ride from TMT, 15 mins from the cinema complex and 15 mins from the main strip over the mountains.

Two weeks training twice daily and had a great time

ttt for more answers

I stayed in one of the Tiger Bungalows, but I would recommend emailing the gym off their website. They're all very helpful.

BJJStudent - I would make training recovery a priority if I were you. I have seen a ton of guys come to Thailand, train the first week, then get burn out on all the other stuff they are doing and abadon their training within a week.

This is good to know. My wife is going in Jan with her brother for a month (Sinbi) and they've been warned about overtraining and sightseeing.

Hey, I just talked to my gf. Her company also has a hotel in Phuket(although I don't know what part, I've never been there). I'm sure she can hook you up, if you want more info, just send me your number in a PM.

Tiger may actually have their own hotel. I know some other big camps do, so they probably do as well.

octowussy - When I trained at Tiger, I stayed at the Shanti Lodge. It's maybe a five minute drive or so. Really nice place with outstanding food. No TVs, though, so if you're concerned about that, don't bother. They also don't tolerate bringing girls (or guys) home with you at night.

Highly recommended.

http://www.shantilodge.com/shanti-phuket-c-13.html
Thanks bro, will check it out