house with 3 toddlers = resident evil mechanics

have 3 toddlers, and there are toys, clothes, etc. everywhere. they go aimlessly from room to room leaving a path of destruction. while they do a decent job picking up after themselves, the wife and i pick up after them too. 

i wonder if after leaving stuff in 1 room, leavibg, and then returning to see it picked up if it blows their mind? resident evil mechanics are real.

im not overtired.

Amateur. When you get up to eight then I'll sympathize.

Reminds me of a classic experiment thats often brought up in developmental psych. 

Wife wants to have second while I'm in grad school. First one is almost one and is already a hammerhead just like his old man. 

*goes out for a pack of smokes*

fastnotch331 - Amateur. When you get up to eight then I'll sympathize.

You are Jon Gosselin?

I thought this was going to be about them moving as if they had tank controls

Pig Bun -

You are Jon Gosselin?

Lol nope . And ok so it wasn't 8 toddlers all at once but ya get what I mean . End of the summer we will be down to six of them at home .

trobinson21 -

How do you have 3 toddlers?

4 yo girl

twin boys will be 3 next week.

The sister in law has two 3 year olds girls and a 5 year old boy. Her husband was 45 when they had the twins. The dude is never alseep and he's never awake. He just coasts around on autopilot. It's great to go there and soak up the anarchy for a few hours but everytime I leave I'm telling myself 'fuck that'. 

trobinson21 -
microbiologynerd -
trobinson21 -

How do you have 3 toddlers?

4 yo girl

twin boys will be 3 next week.

10-4, I thought you meant 3-2 year olds. 

I have a 5 and 2 and our house is the same, they take over every room eventually. Godspeed lol

And they do it fucking instantly! 

"Oh hey there Daddy, I see you spent half an hour putting all my shit away in a carefully thought out place. It would be a shame if someone were to completely undo all of that in 10 flat..."

Fucking monsters

damn sir! live my wife, love babies and kids, but theres no way we could afford 8 in san diego!!

trobinson21 -

MBN how long are you on duty alone? Lol

about 2.5- 3 hours in evenigs during the week.

kids all in preschool now, so i go in to work and leave early, picking them up at 4. wife drops them off, goes in late, and is home around 630-7.

we beat traffic on both ends which is nice, but she scrambles to get them out the door in the morning while im on dinner/bath/playtime duty at night. tu and th nights i do the late bjj class so wife gets home, its a quick hi/bye! and im out the door. 

weekends sometimes we divide and conquer where she takes 1or 2 and ill take the other 1 or 2 to various kid events or errands. other tines we all go somewhere, or my preference which is to hang out in the backyard. :) 

we run on coffee and survive on beer and wine

I have 4 toddlers 3 years and 19 months old, and im pretty sure they think it's there jobs to make sure nothing is ever put away.....ever.....

microbiologynerd -

damn sir! live my wife, love babies and kids, but theres no way we could afford 8 in san diego!!

Ya that would be tough. They aren't cheap buddy . I'm just glad the oldest has a partial scholarship and actually pays the remainder himself and my daughter has a full ride in the fall so that's helped us tremendously. Your cost of living is ridiculous out there though.