Housing bubble happening again?

Where I live right now things are getting out of control. Everyone I know is buying a house, or flipping houses. Rents are going up, prices are going up, and houses are off the market within a couple of days. I am not sure if it's the beginning, the middle or the end, but it sure feels like 2006-7 again.

Good thing Trump is going to deregulate. Oh wait...

for how many years now have people beeing crying about a Bubble because they tried to catch a perfect bottom and when they missed that they waited because they were SURE it would go down again and even further and as the HOUSING recovery kept recovering they saw it's a REAL DEAL and now their RENTS are SOARING and they are crying BUBBLE but maybe this is just the BEGINNING????

INTEREST RATES are STILL historic LOWS so that could inspire RISK ON.......MAGA TRUMP ;)

I feel in swfl the market due for a correction.

karasu -

for how many years now have people beeing crying about a Bubble because they tried to catch a perfect bottom and when they missed that they waited because they were SURE it would go down again and even further and as the HOUSING recovery kept recovering they saw it's a REAL DEAL and now their RENTS are SOARING and they are crying BUBBLE but maybe this is just the BEGINNING????

INTEREST RATES are STILL historic LOWS so that could inspire RISK ON.......MAGA TRUMP ;)

I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't said any of what you just posted. This is a serious discussion, and some thing I've notice within the last six months. This is not a thread for you to gloat.

One thing is for sure, the cum bubble on OPs chin won't last forever.

Seemore Butts -
karasu -

I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't said any of what you just posted. This is a serious discussion, and some thing I've notice within the last six months. This is not a thread for you to gloat.

I am always a serious discussion!

karasu -
Seemore Butts -
karasu -

You're seriously into telling everyone how great you are. On a side note, I agree though, there is no way to no how long it could go. Like I said in my op it could be the beginning, especially if we continue to see wage growth and low interest rates. It just seems similar to 2007, minus the lax credit terms and derivative products. Lending terms due seem to be relaxing and the stock market is on a tear.

View post on imgur.com

Seemore Butts -
karasu -
Seemore Butts -
karasu -

You're seriously into telling everyone how great you are. On a side note, I agree though, there is no way to no how long it could go. Like I said in my op it could be the beginning, especially if we continue to see wage growth and low interest rates. It just seems similar to 2007, minus the lax credit terms and derivative products. Lending terms due seem to be relaxing and the stock market is on a tear.

LOL where in my post did I mention my own exceptional intelligence?  I just stated some FACTS to make a SMART contribution to this excellent discussion!

I have read, that here in Canada, mortgage rates will be going up 2 points over the next couple years.

Mine is locked in at 2.6 for the next five years. Could be close to 5 when I renew. Gross.

karasu -
View post on imgur.com

video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQCQCaLVsM

I live on LI and housing prices have gone up a little but was at historic lows. A recession could happen anytime but i don't see a housing bubble here.

HST - I have read, that here in Canada, mortgage rates will be going up 2 points over the next couple years.

Mine is locked in at 2.6 for the next five years. Could be close to 5 when I renew. Gross.

If they start to go up, there will be trouble.

People will start losing houses like crazy!

It's a seller's market right now.

Things going waaay over asking prices.

HST - I have read, that here in Canada, mortgage rates will be going up 2 points over the next couple years.

The market where I live is no where near as bad as Toronto or Vancouver but rates will likely tick up a few basis points in the next year. Seems reasonable to me but bad for buyers.

Dougie -
HST - I have read, that here in Canada, mortgage rates will be going up 2 points over the next couple years.

If they start to go up, there will be trouble.

People will start losing houses like crazy!

It's a seller's market right now.

Things going waaay over asking prices.

may not affect the Foreign Investor

HST - I have read, that here in Canada, mortgage rates will be going up 2 points over the next couple years.

Well thats no fun...i have 4 more years at 2.4 though yay me

Plan on a pop occurring within a year or two of the Fed raising interest rates. Don't plan on that happening before Janet Yellen retires. If you're looking to become a flipper in the very short term, I think you'd be okay.

really depends on the market. supply is really low in a lot of places which is driving prices up. as long as overbuilding doesn't happen, there will be support in housing prices.

a nationwide housing crisis is unlikely anytime sion. the last crisis was largely driven by mortgages in a lot of places. doubt that happens again. corrections may happen, but nothing like we saw in 2006-2009.

I don't give a crap.  Mine is locked for 30 years at 3.25...