Houston Alexander dq vid

Anyone seen this dq vid before? 

still havent

Damn this new html editing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76uqcpWDFo
How to I embed videos now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76uqcpWDFo

testing

What the hell was he bitching about? Why didn't he lay down?

So he basically just refused to restart on the ground?

Yeah, combine this with his post-fight comments after Irvin dropped him and he seems like a rather unlikeable character.

Well if your going to post the vid at least give the story...

He didn't want to lay down because the other fighter was greesed up. The Ref refused top check the other fighter.

LOFO @ the celebration of the other fighter. "What is up!", like he actually beat the guy. And the announcer dropping MFs over the PA. Much craziness in grass roots MMA.

Just for note.... The ref did check the skin of the other fighter but as you can clearly see it was not in depth investigation and I also believed I heard that it was either a "Home Town" ref or a friend of the other guy.

I am no Alexander fan btw but from what I heard about this he was just in not continuing.

Campion imo

inf0 - " LOFO @ the celebration of the other fighter."

He was beating that ass rather nicely.

He also had ahold of the ropes with both hands... the point is nothing really got decided did it?

For what it's worth, the guy should've just taken the down position and continued but it was pretty fuggin clear that home cookin' was the order of the day.

Epilepsy anyone?

Houston is a douche.

It's really getting harder and harder to actually like Houston Alexander...

Ok so I know my ability to defend Houston has been obliterated. I hope that I can still be seen as a regular UG poster... after all I do contribute on other threads. So don't look at this as nuthugging, just some background on that fight.

But here's the deal... and yes I admit this is weird as fuck.

Shitty small promotion, weird stuff going on there. This was almost 3 years ago.

Anyways, guy gets Houston down, they want to reset them in the middle cuz they got by the ropes. Houston doesn't want to go down because the guy is all greased up. You can hear him say this even. The ref ignores Houston and keeps telling him to go down.

They finally give him a half ass wipe and Houston says he isn't going back down unless they wipe him off. Houston even tries to take the mic and say something and they won't let him. Since he refused to go back down (he didn't refuse to fight I guess) without him being checked or toweled off, he took the DQ instead of fighting the BS fight. Cue the no ground game jokes etc. but that's why he refused.

Him and that guy got into it at a bar two weeks later where they fought again, at the bar. Houston beat him up pretty bad (the other guy was the instigator according to people there.)

That's all I can offer, no I don't have anything else to add to it and I do not think Houston is fighting very well these days... so feel free to avoid telling me "Your boy is a fag etc." because I'm just putting 2 cents in on what happened in that fight since it was blasted everywhere before he fought Jardine and everybody was sure because of that fight that he would get smoked in the octagon.

In other news, nobody has talked to him around here that usually does after his fights. He must really be taking this loss hard.

i don't know why this still has to be said, but greasing helps the person trying to escape, not the other way around

^^^ Agreed with you. I'm not saying Houston was right or wrong, just saying what happened. Maybe he just didn't want to fight with any BS at all (regardless of who's advantage it was)... who really knows.

totaljerkface - i don't know why this still has to be said, but greasing helps the person trying to escape, not the other way around

Good point. So the guy was greased up because he was scared of Houston's submission skills?

NameCaller - LOFO @ the celebration of the other fighter. "What is up!", like he actually beat the guy. And the announcer dropping MFs over the PA. Much craziness in grass roots MMA.

He did beat him.
Huston fundamentally gave up.  He certainly didn't look to be able to handle him on the ground, and I guess I would ask what was greased...obviously not his arms...and if his neck was greased it wouldn't have mattered much either seeing is Huston wasn't going to get that choke while sidemounted.
Huston got passed and mounted with ease, then hung on for a choke that he wasn't going to get.  I saw him do nothing that makes me think he was a threat from the ground.
Even if the guy was greased, that doesn't mean you can ignore the refs instructions. 
Huston gave up.