Houston BJJ

I ran into a dude at the bar who found out I do BJJ. He was in town for business from Houston. He was interested in trying it. Can anyone recommend a place in Houston for him to go to?

He is around 41 & probably is not going to be looking for a top competition team. Never did BJJ.

Don't know what part of town he lives in but he asked me for some recommendations.

Draculino's hands down the best. Been there place was awesome. Also try Travis tooke.

Thanks, rebelyell. I will pass on the recommendation.

He is welcome to swing by and give it a try at Team Tooke. I train at the Cypress academy on 290 and Barkers Cypress. We also have locations on 249, in the industrial/ship channel, Kingwood & Clear Lake.

It's probably best to figure our what area will be the most convenient for him as we have top notch people all over town.

Thx ilovetortillas.

We'll see how serious he is. Some dude at the bar, don't know him at all.

Plenty of people "want" to be a bad ass bjj fighter. Very few walk through the door to a club.

Depends on where in the city he lives! Plenty of BJJ but the city is so spread out and i doubt he wants to drive over an hour to class after a hard days work. It sucks getting around in the city but there are plenty of top class bjj instructors and facilities here. Phone Post 3.0

ilovetortillas - It's probably best to figure our what area will be the most convenient for him as we have top notch people all over town.
Is the Midtown MMA guy affiliated with Travis? Phone Post 3.0

ilovetortillas - He is welcome to swing by and give it a try at Team Tooke. I train at the Cypress academy on 290 and Barkers Cypress. We also have locations on 249, in the industrial/ship channel, Kingwood & Clear Lake.

What she said!

billydeewilliams - 
ilovetortillas - It's probably best to figure our what area will be the most convenient for him as we have top notch people all over town.
Is the Midtown MMA guy affiliated with Travis? Phone Post 3.0

Yes sir. The head instructor is named Chris Martinez. They operate independently but they do participate in our seminars and female only training sessions. He will definitely be able to train with our coaches at the main academy and the Cypress academy.

DeathByTriangle - 
ilovetortillas - He is welcome to swing by and give it a try at Team Tooke. I train at the Cypress academy on 290 and Barkers Cypress. We also have locations on 249, in the industrial/ship channel, Kingwood & Clear Lake.

What she said!

BDT and Naderhood have been by. I love them so much!!

If he's anywhere near Lubbock, TX... apparently he might already be a BB and not even know it... eh maybe he has to walk thru Pittman's door.

ilovetortillas - 
DeathByTriangle - 

What she said!

I wish you were there so I could give you a hug. Your school is awesome. Awesome atmosphere. Very motivating.

its exactly what I need for my lazy ass  lol

Meatgrinder - 

If he's anywhere near Lubbock, TX... apparently he might already be a BB and not even know it... eh maybe he has to walk thru Pittman's door.

He needs to clock eleventy thousand hours on the mats first, bro.

DeathByTriangle - 
ilovetortillas - 
DeathByTriangle - 

What she said!

I wish you were there so I could give you a hug. Your school is awesome. Awesome atmosphere. Very motivating.

its exactly what I need for my lazy ass  lol

Me too!! Jose said that you are really good and technical. I wish you could help me get better. We are trying to grow our girl team and you would be perfect for us. I saw that JB went to GBTW the other day. This guys are awesome and they cross train with us. As long as y'all are happy; I'm happy for you. <3 This city is packed full of awesome schools.

That being said, don't ever sign up at 5 Rings MMA. They are garbage. The owner got kicked out of our affiliations because a ton of shady shit. He recently brought in a brown belt to promote him to purple. I think it would be funny if Jeff did a mini dojo storm there. LOL!!