How a belt promo should be! (video

rainman - I should put you over my knee and spank you for what you just said!

only if I can drop my gi bottoms and you use a wooden paddle!! :-)

Tedd williams made us get Pepper sprayed and tazed for our purple belt.

LOL.Its more of Hazing then a Test.

i always thought it was just upperclassmen your color or higher that got on the line but they have whites thats not cool,

purple promoting a white? do you mean in the vid? Jorge is in there - he's a black belt.

Usually whites get to hit also, and of course they're hitting the hardest.

I remember I was at one belt promotion when a guy got his brown belt, he went through the line and everyone was hitting him kind or hard but not hard like the video. Then this white belt hit him hard as fuck in the back of the neck. The instructor started yelling at the white belt, "you don't even know him! You're going to hit him as hard as you can in the back of the neck and you don't even know him?!" the white belt was freaked out.

"Tedd williams made us get Pepper sprayed and tazed for our purple
belt."

some people just wanna over do every one else.... LOL

lame.

You pay someone for instruction. You train hard. You invest your time, money, blood and sweat. You risk injury.

THEN you go thru that?

Different strokes for different folks.

Here's the acid test. If this was something else (softball, tennis, rock climbing, weight lifting, running) would you put up with it?

What belt did Jesus get in the Passion of the Christ? He got beat worse than them.

And Kunta Kinta in roots. He was a black....belt.

Rodney King?

Hell yeah... gotta love the Gauntlet.

When I did it they smacked me in the front and the back. Everywhere was fair game so you had to go through and guard yer nuts.

People tied knots in there belts and went for everything from the back of the knee, your chest, and even smacked on top of my foot.

I've heard some stories about the Gauntlet over at Ralphs... damn!!

They should be whipping the shit out of the folks that don't promote after a certain amount of time, not the ones that do succeed. Got it all backwards.

I'd rather have to wait a little longer, and actually deserve the belt that I get put around my waist from my legit instructor. There would be no satisfaction to just have it handed to me, and not deserving it.

Having white belts in the line or tying knots in the belt is missing the point of such a thing.

A gauntlet like this is meant to bring you into a group that you were previously not part of. It's not to do damage and it's not for white belts,IMO.

Weird how traditions get basterdized by people who miss the intent behind them.

<

Was that a midget, or a little kid on the left?

Carlao I cant agree more.

from what i recall it does not hurt that bad, just stung. can't believe some of you guys are so worked up about it. booo hooo

Next they will be getting the broom handles out and, well you know..

All you people who are bitching about it need to get the sand out of your vagina. Getting a few wacks is NOTHING compared the last two years I spent earning my new belt color.

Don't worry about white belts hitting hard. I have payed quite a few of them back when they got their blue belts. Right Eduardo? lol.

agreed Carlão

willielumplump (lol) that was the way i learned it as well "your color or higher that got on the line"

What's up with teh dude cackling like a banshee in that second video?

You guys are pansies. In my school, we used to shoot and kill anyone that got promoted. LOL at just getting smacked with a belt.