How a jet engine works (gifs)

disbeliever - GET TO WORK

I'm off on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays.

Don't be jealous ;)

it works on the "suck-squeeze-bang-blow theory"... just like your mother!! hey-oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

cool!

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Needs an afterburner though. Phone Post 3.0

Never mind didn't see the second an third gifs. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

microbiologynerd -

it works on the "suck-squeeze-bang-blow theory"... just like your mother!! hey-oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I was gonna say the same thing! Minus the mom part. Vu Phone Post 3.0

Interdasting

microbiologynerd - 

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/for-low-emission-planes-try-superconductivity/

"A superconducting magnet, however, would be much more efficient and powerful for its size. When chilled to 77 kelvins (–321 degrees Fahrenheit) or colder, so-called high-temperature superconductors such as the ceramic YBCO (yttrium barium copper oxide) begin to carry electricity without resistance, which produces a strong magnetic field without wasting energy."

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Munk - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/for-low-emission-planes-try-superconductivity/

"A superconducting magnet, however, would be much more efficient and powerful for its size. When chilled to 77 kelvins (–321 degrees Fahrenheit) or colder, so-called high-temperature superconductors such as the ceramic YBCO (yttrium barium copper oxide) begin to carry electricity without resistance, which produces a strong magnetic field without wasting energy."

supercooled materials are badass... just impractical... and wicked pricy to cool that low

solution... OUTER SPACE!!!

Hey Nightcraler, got any gif of a turboshaft engine?

stephen1547 - 

Hey Nightcraler, got any gif of a turboshaft engine?

Sorry bro, as I mentioned on the "How a handgun works (gifs)" thread, I didn't make these, just found them and shared them.

If I come across any, I'll definitely post them in this thread though.

would love to be able to make graphics like this.

In Phone Post 3.0

I make the parts for jet engines...and have no clue how they work.

Now I know..

Sort of Phone Post 3.0

I have been propelled forward by jet engines on numerous occasions.

True story.

Wheres is the aluminum and all the other shit they're spraying on us injectors??