How about a single punch per 20min (ie Metamoris)

I had a brilliant idea that each competitor gets a single punch to use when he wants for the match. Whether that be defending a sub or using it to set-up a sub. I think it would make a boring match super exciting.

lol, how would you stop after one punch...or if you had already used your punch then get punched what would the penalty be for hitting back...i like the idea but i think this would complicate things a little if things got heated

could mean alot of broken hands without gloves and alot of top competitors shelved with injuries. never the less it is an interesting idea

You want to MIX grappling with striking? There's already a sport for that.

dokomoy - You want to MIX grappling with striking? There's already a sport for that.
My thoughts exactly lol Phone Post 3.0

dokomoy - You want to MIX grappling with striking? There's already a sport for that.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Eddie tried that Combat Jiu Jitsu, that sounded dumb at first, but when he explained it as a stepping stone to someone getting into MMA it was brilliant.

Premise being a BJJ player might not be ready for the lead from bjj/ground work to stand-up and getting smashed. Combat Jiu Jitsu was a middle ground. I don't think it was very successful, though.

Haha - I love this idea although think it would be tough in practice!

The number of times I could've avoiding being tapped on tournaments with this. Kinda like a 'Get out of jail free' card! Phone Post 3.0

Sounds fun but the athletic commission will want a piece Phone Post 3.0

IT'S A FUCKING BRILLIANT IDEA AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

Does it have to be against your opponent? Because I might do a comp, then come home and straighten something out!

Takes metamoris to the next level IMO

Bravo Phone Post 3.0

BenBJJ - 

I had a brilliant idea that each competitor gets a single punch to use when he wants for the match. Whether that be defending a sub or using it to set-up a sub. I think it would make a boring match super exciting.

What if the competitors could bring one concealed weapon but could only use it during minutes 10-12? It would add that feeling of surprise and realism. You know, like on "da streetz" where anything can happen.

Or what if they rang an alarm randomly and during that time the competitors' friends and team mates could join the fray but only for 30 seconds. Like in a bar fight before cops and security break things up.

Think about how real and exciting it would be then!

EvilGumby - 
BenBJJ - 

What if the competitors could bring one concealed weapon but could only use it during minutes 10-12? It would add that feeling of surprise and realism. You know, like on "da streetz" where anything can happen.

Or what if they rang an alarm randomly and during that time the competitors' friends and team mates could join the fray but only for 30 seconds. Like in a bar fight before cops and security break things up.

Think about how real and exciting it would be then!

Also great ideas! Well done!

horrible idea lol

Ball grabs are a better idea

Or better yet

One punch is a little strange but the idea of Metamorsis MMA isn´t that bad.

20 minute time limit
No stand ups
No rounds
No points

If there is no K.O. or Submission it´s a draw....

Oldschool vibes I guess:-)

I think it would be better if each competitor was issued a tube sock with a tennis ball inside for striking and intimidation tactics. Phone Post 3.0