How about Arona at heavyweight?

Massive 205lber, would straight away be the best UFC heavyweight on the ground, best kicks behind a faded Cro-Cop. I think the cage would add a new dimension to his ground and pound.

What do you think?

Would be a Brazilian Jeff Monson.

Arona would benefit from the cage.

Massive 205er?

He's 5'10" and nowhere near as thick as a guy like Jeff Monson. He's just a shredded guy with big show muscles in his upper body. For a guy that stature to be a big LHW, he'd need to have tree trunk legs and a fireplug torso like Monson.

Ricardo might be a big 205er by Pride standards, but that is only because weight cutting was the exception in Pride rather than the rule. He's tiny compared to guys like Tito, Griffin, Bonnar, and any other good sized UFC LHW.

you should check out the paulo filho bit from wec 31 "outside the cage", arona is HUGE nowadays. the 205 lbs division is too deep, but he could definitely win some fights in the heavyweight division.

I think hes just fine where hes at.

"you should check out the paulo filho bit from wec 31 "outside the cage", arona is HUGE nowadays"

I've seen it, but I also saw Filho look like a dwarf next to Sonnen & Doerksen. Ricardo is well under 6' tall and has a 30" waist. There is no way a guy with those proportions is a 'big' LHW, no matter how thick he is from the pecs up.

No Thanks

Arona would be awesome at heavyweight. I think he would benefit from not having to cut the weight.