How bad did I fvck up my back?

Last week I upped my squats, and everything went fine until I racked the bar and hurt my lower back leaning forward.

Picked up my little cousin on Thanksgiving and really felt my back fall apart. Hurt for the rest of the day but I felt okay the next afternoon. I waited until last night to do back day again since everything felt pretty well healed. Got into my 3rd set of deadlifts and slightly fucked up my form on a rep and pain just shot up my body.

My lower back right above my belt line in completely screwed now. I couldn't even sleep last night the pain was so sharp. Every position hurts and pain even shot into the front of my upper legs which seems bad. Just getting my pants on this morning was a battle.

Will this just heal, or should I do something about it?

I would get it checked out. Could just need time or it could be something serious. That's why you don't lean forward to rack a bar. Walk that bitch back in with good posture. Phone Post 3.0

LiftorDie - I would get it checked out. Could just need time or it could be something serious. That's why you don't lean forward to rack a bar. Walk that bitch back in with good posture. Phone Post 3.0

Usually do. Goes to show it just takes a little bit of bad form for a big injury :/

Leigh - I had something very similar. I'm pretty much completely healed but I rested it for months. It was still tight, so on advice from this forum I used lots of ibuprofen and it eased off. Started dead lifting again now. Rest it. Phone Post 3.0

Months? Oh shit...

Thanks for the advice!

Onikage -
LiftorDie - I would get it checked out. Could just need time or it could be something serious. That's why you don't lean forward to rack a bar. Walk that bitch back in with good posture. Phone Post 3.0

Usually do. Goes to show it just takes a little bit of bad form for a big injury :/
I did the same thing in August. Went to heavy on dead lift and had shitty form for 2 reps and back is dead. MRI showed l3-l4 herniation. I still can't run or walk for long periods without shooting pain. I started lifting light and swimming and now I can get around pretty decently. Go get it checked out and do some PT. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on the cause. I remember in the Army fucking up my back by deciding to do heavy squats the day after a 15 mile timed ruck march. 15 miles of run-walking carrying a 50 pound pack and the next day doing squats had me in serious pain. That being said, it was muscular, and after a week I was pretty much okay. I was in more pain from the doctor's exam when I went in with the pain, as they proceeded to have me drop my pants and I got "hernia checked," which I thought only happened in the Navy.

But get it checked out. Better safe than sorry if you have the insurance.

Chocolate Shatner - Depends on the cause. I remember in the Army fucking up my back by deciding to do heavy squats the day after a 15 mile timed ruck march. 15 miles of run-walking carrying a 50 pound pack and the next day doing squats had me in serious pain. That being said, it was muscular, and after a week I was pretty much okay. I was in more pain from the doctor's exam when I went in with the pain, as they proceeded to have me drop my pants and I got "hernia checked," which I thought only happened in the Navy.

One finger or two? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the advice guys

LiftorDie - 
Chocolate Shatner - Depends on the cause. I remember in the Army fucking up my back by deciding to do heavy squats the day after a 15 mile timed ruck march. 15 miles of run-walking carrying a 50 pound pack and the next day doing squats had me in serious pain. That being said, it was muscular, and after a week I was pretty much okay. I was in more pain from the doctor's exam when I went in with the pain, as they proceeded to have me drop my pants and I got "hernia checked," which I thought only happened in the Navy.

One finger or two? Phone Post 3.0

I hope it was a finger.