How big would a snake have to be to kill a bear or

a gorilla? Could a 30 foot Retic or Anaconda take out a black bear or a gorilla? How big would a snake have to be to take out a Kodiak or a Polar bear? What are the largest predators that snakes are known to have killed? I know they go after crocodiles and alligators occasionally. There is also rumors of Anacondas preying on Jaguar but I'm not sure if they are substantiated.

Discuss! Phone Post 3.0

A 3' Gaboon Viper could take one out.

I No Kung Foo - A 3' Gaboon Viper could take one out.
Good point! I should have emphasized that I'm only talking about constrictors here. Phone Post 3.0

FUCK THOSE NIGHTMARISH CREATURES Phone Post 3.0

Are we talking about in the wild or put in a cage fight to the death? Phone Post 3.0

Well, calculate the circumference of the animal in question, figure out how many times it would have to wrap around to get a good crushing grip, add a couple feet for the snakes "tail" and "neck" and that's probably a pretty close answer.

A snake wouldn't bother with trying to kill one of those larger animals unless it was being attacked. Even if it was long enough to kill a gorilla or big bear, it would have q tough time eating it Phone Post 3.0

I think a 30 foot anaconda/ reticulate python could kill a gorilla or black bear, but wouldn't be able to eat them. Maybe a 35-40 footer for grizzlies and polar bears. But to eat them I would image a snake would have to be over 50 feet Phone Post 3.0

mynameisMud - Are we talking about in the wild or put in a cage fight to the death? Phone Post 3.0
Cage fight to the death. Polar and brown bears would never encounter a giant constrictor in the wild. Phone Post 3.0

Z NEDCMK1 - 

About the size of my dick.

We're talking about a different kind of bear here.

Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
FUCK THOSE NIGHTMARISH CREATURES Phone Post 3.0
They haunt my fucking dreams. Phone Post 3.0

I No Kung Foo - A 3' Gaboon Viper could take one out.

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/bonobo-sanctuary.html

Bonobo kill a Gaboon viper

October 2011. A young Bonobo called Pôlé decided that he didn't like the Gaboon viper that had entered the Bonobo enclosure. Pôlé is exhibiting the dead Gaboon Viper, a highly venomous snake, that had just been killed by two of the older Bonobo.

It wasn't huge, but Gaboon vipers are one of the most deadly snakes in Africa. The two older Bonobo killed it when they came across it inside their enclosure. Pôlé, who saw the whole thing was keen to get his hands on it and he kept it like a trophy all day. Wangolo, an even younger bonobo, was after the cadaver all day... and he finally managed to "have a go" with the snake at the end of the day!

Jack Carter - 
I No Kung Foo - A 3' Gaboon Viper could take one out.

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/bonobo-sanctuary.html

Bonobo kill a Gaboon viper

October 2011. A young Bonobo called Pôlé decided that he didn't like the Gaboon viper that had entered the Bonobo enclosure. Pôlé is exhibiting the dead Gaboon Viper, a highly venomous snake, that had just been killed by two of the older Bonobo.

It wasn't huge, but Gaboon vipers are one of the most deadly snakes in Africa. The two older Bonobo killed it when they came across it inside their enclosure. Pôlé, who saw the whole thing was keen to get his hands on it and he kept it like a trophy all day. Wangolo, an even younger bonobo, was after the cadaver all day... and he finally managed to "have a go" with the snake at the end of the day!

Yeah, but that's an ape. They can kill anything but a game pit.

The Loge - a gorilla? Could a 30 foot Retic or Anaconda take out a black bear or a gorilla? How big would a snake have to be to take out a Kodiak or a Polar bear? What are the largest predators that snakes are known to have killed? I know they go after crocodiles and alligators occasionally. There is also rumors of Anacondas preying on Jaguar but I'm not sure if they are substantiated.

Discuss! Phone Post 3.0

never seen footage of an anaconda killing a jaguar but have seen footage of a jaguar killing a rather large anaconda..

how would a gorilla deal with an encounter with a 30 foot anaconda?how would a silverback gorilla even mount an attack against a snake that large?it has basically zero experience against predator like that so i dunno...

of course an anaconda wouldnt attack a silverback in order to eat it so this would have to be a cage in a battle to the death scenario..hard to pick a winner tbh..

I imagine the snake would be able to win most of the time especially if the bear did not have a good game plan going into it. But I also think that shortly after the fight the snake would also die. I think the claws and teeth of the bear would inflict too much damage. A gorilla on the other hand I belive would be killed because it would be hard to out strength the snakes technique, speed, and strength. Phone Post 3.0

Australia has about 50 snakes could kick fuck out of a gaboon wiper. Phone Post 3.0

OxymoronicalAmbiguity - I imagine the snake would be able to win most of the time especially if the bear did not have a good game plan going into it. But I also think that shortly after the fight the snake would also die. I think the claws and teeth of the bear would inflict too much damage. A gorilla on the other hand I belive would be killed because it would be hard to out strength the snakes technique, speed, and strength. Phone Post 3.0

A black bear maybe

There is not a constrictor snake in the world that could kill a grizzly in a fight.

I don't think people really understand what those bears are capable of.

I do think maybe a big retic or anaconda could get a Gorilla, but PEOPLE have escaped the grasps of very large reptics...what makes you think an animal with 10 times the strength couldn't kill one?

What about a snake like Titanboa? It's extinct of course but a 45-50 foot snake that weighed over a ton. What could it have taken out?

What are the largest animals period that large constrictors prey on in the wild??? Phone Post 3.0

The snake that could take out a Grizzly is extinct, it weighed a ton.  2,500+ pounds.  40+ feet.

By comparison, the modern day Green or Giant Anaconda max out at 29 feet and 550 pounds.

A Grizzly would rip an anaconda in half with one swipe.

The Loge - What about a snake like Titanboa? It's extinct of course but a 45-50 foot snake that weighed over a ton. What could it have taken out?

What are the largest animals period that large constrictors prey on in the wild??? Phone Post 3.0

Ooops.  Missed your post on first read.  VU.