How can I surf the web privately?

can someone ttt the web proxy site list thread???

Fabes

Easiest way

USB Key + http://torrify.com = goodness.

I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention Torrify/Torpark.

Basically it's Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a different skin and set up to automatically use TOR. It will reduce your speeds A LOT (sometimes making it even painful to surf with). However, it's so simple b/c it does everything for you, you don't have to install anything, it just works. Yes, it's still not perfect, you're still not completely anonymous, however from your company's side you're good and shouldn't have anything to worry about

You could always do like I do. Work at work and browse the web at home. Just a crazy suggestion.

"You could always do like I do. Work at work and browse the web at home. Just a crazy suggestion."

Wow, just going off of screen names, I would've never expected that advice from someone who calls themselves "big_slacker"

Vandy, do you have to use VPN software inorder to surf the internet? If so , then yes you are screwed if they monitor your laptop.

If you don't, you should be fine. If your traveling all the time, nobody cares what your surfing, nor do they have a way of connecting to your machine unless you VPN in, which is probably infrequent if you do, which probably wouldn't have a regular thing that scans your machine. Most of the time when they do scan your machine, it's for software, not where you have been going on the internet.

If your extremly paranoid and want some piece of mind, you can run a piece of software AFTER you back up your files called BootnNuke that uses different algorythms to wipe your hard drive.

"You could always do like I do. Work at work and browse the web at home. Just a crazy suggestion."

I guess that is your promotion kicking in...

you are no longer an admin...you are management now, i guess...

I got the promotion as a direct result of quitting my at work slacking habits. Imagine that. Maybe I should change my SN. :D

Well, I was just recently promoted.

So back up off me nukka.

big_ex_slacker has a ring to it. :)

reformed_slacker