How can SNL be this bad?

I know it's hard to write funny stuff each week, but how can this many comedy writers in the biggest city in the country put this on tv? How could you not write a funny skit by accident? Jesus Christ this is cringeworthy Phone Post 3.0

I think it's mostly due to the American viewer being technically retarded. 

You're no longer their target market

The new ghostbusters ad between skit was really a perfect transition Phone Post 3.0

Tonight's been pretty good. Beginning was bad but got better Phone Post 3.0

Fred's opening act was fucking horrible. Phone Post 3.0

Its been pretty decent lately. Tonight was bad.

Haven't watched in like 16 years lol. Phone Post 3.0

SNL was written for years by, and a Sketch comedian whose done shows told me this, "Jews and Irish guys who couldn't get laid and funneled their frustration into writing."

It's now written by a Benetton ad of social justice types who will only bare their fangs at Republicans. Phone Post 3.0

What are the ratings or number of viewers compared to say 20 years ago?

I too no longer think it's funny, but I wonder if it is just because I'm a different person from who I was 20 years ago. Phone Post 3.0

Did courtney barnett play tonight? Phone Post 3.0

Sluey - Did courtney barnett play tonight? Phone Post 3.0
I think that was her name. SNL hasn't been any good in a very long time but I did happen to catch a bit of her performance, it made me want to kill myself Phone Post 3.0

Just when i give up on it there is a really funny episode. The writing is way too political. Some times they are obviously just trying to fill time with some of these horrific skits. Also, relying on some dick hole special guest kills everything. Watching them read off teleprompters loses me instantly. But because of John Belushi i will always root for it.

BJTT_MrAntichrist -
Sluey - Did courtney barnett play tonight? Phone Post 3.0
I think that was her name. SNL hasn't been any good in a very long time but I did happen to catch a bit of her performance, it made me want to kill myself Phone Post 3.0
Australian here, I feel embarrassed that she goes outside the country. I thought somebody would have 'taken care' of her by now Phone Post 3.0

I always find it funny that everyone complains about SNL and has been for 40 years. There are and always have been very few funny skits. Most of the time they're not funny until the next day or next viewing and that's the way it's always been. I think there's some erosion of quality but the show quality is blurred by nostalgia and the fact that if you catch an old episode, 30 minutes of it has been edited out. That's 3 or 4 sketches you don't remember sucking.

At best about two laugh worthy skits are produced each episode and that's the way it's always been. Phone Post 3.0

Have pretty much always been a fan.

I don't enjoy every bit of the 90 minutes but overall I still like it.

My biggest critique is even with a good idea they never knew how or when to end it. Phone Post 3.0

How did they just ignore Obama for 8 years? Part of shows success is classic Clinton and bushes. People on both political sides laughed at those. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - SNL was written for years by, and a Sketch comedian whose done shows told me this, "Jews and Irish guys who couldn't get laid and funneled their frustration into writing."

It's now written by a Benetton ad of social justice types who will only bare their fangs at Republicans. Phone Post 3.0
This! There have been plenty of opportunities to lampoon Obama over the last 8 years but instead we have Comedians saying that Obama is too cool to make fun of.

Think of the whole healthcare debacle and you can keep your doctor thing....could have been comedy gold. Phone Post 3.0

Comedy has become like academia. If you ain't left wing, it's hard to rise up since the top is left wing and frowns upon others who buck the majority. Friggin Second City in Chicago has taken more shots at Obama than SNL. It's lame.

Look at Amy Schumer. She's been caught ripping off multiple bits but she's a liberal white chick from NY so everyone ignores it. She should have gotten the Mencia treatment. Phone Post 3.0

fuzzislipperz - Fred's opening act was fucking horrible. Phone Post 3.0
That is because he is basically talentless Phone Post 3.0