How can you not respect Chael Sonnen?

ortman166 - 
wandyfan007 - ummm Steroids and trt? I have no respect for Fail Sonnen
It's very easy to not respect chael, and he has no one to blame for that but himself. Phone Post 3.0

watch out man you might get voted down...

Hespec Phone Post

Chaelismyhero -
wandyfan007 - ummm Steroids and trt? I have no respect for Fail Sonnen

The last time Wandy fought in Japan where their was no drug testing he weighed 225 pounds.

Now he fights at 185.

While probably true, it was also 8 years ago...Maia dropped a weight class, he probably juiced, florian went down several...poor guy must have shriveled his balls at this point Phone Post 3.0

they don't make men like chael anymore. different breed that guy

REASONS I USED TO HATE CHAEL:
- Talks too much shit.
- Thinks he is better than he is.

Then I watched TUF.

REASONS I LIKE CHAEL NOW:
- Great coach, great advice to Uriah Hall on TUF.
- Saves more PPV's than anyone.
- Has biggest set of balls in MMA (although, they must be irreparably damaged after all the "chemical abuse" they have taken).

what i hate about chael is that he isnt an exciting fighter. his fans are usually so out of tune with reality that they believe he is a badass that can finish people. he literally does 0 damage from top. he caters to the uncultured fan who hates anything that isnt american.

one thing is, he does entertain me in that i enjoy watching him get destroyed more than anyone else, and i would definitely would want to watch him fight shogun.

excellent heel but he reinforces the negative stereotypes of americans

Chaelismyhero - 
wandyfan007 - ummm Steroids and trt? I have no respect for Fail Sonnen

The last time Wandy fought in Japan where their was no drug testing he weighed 225 pounds.

Now he fights at 185.

i dont really care either way about enhancement, but think about these two guys.

think about the kind of throughput Wandy got from steroids(technically unconfirmed). that nigga was WRECKING people and creating awesome highlight reels. veeeeeeeeeeery fun to watch

Chael? not so much, his highlight reel is nonexistant.

wandyfan007 - ummm Steroids and trt? I have no respect for Fail Sonnen
The ironing Phone Post 3.0

I hope they let it go longer this time when Chael finds himself covering up on the ground getting beat on. He has been saved by the ref multiple times

pennviachoke -
Chaelismyhero - I wasn't buying UFC 161. Now I am.

Chaels got huge balls.

This Phone Post

This
And props to Shogun, now he has to prepare for a wrestler. Phone Post 3.0

Tru -

as a coach and motivational speaker, chael is the man.  Has anyone seen that wrestling video of him speaking to the team, where he talks about intensity? soo basic, but makes soo much sense.  

let me look real quick......FOUND IT

Voted you up for this video.

I LOVE Chael lol.

Future hall of famer. Phone Post 3.0

Because shogun bangs bro...they let him bang... Phone Post 3.0

Respect to both men. WAR SONNEN! Phone Post 3.0

Tru, that was at a fan fest expo the night before the Northeast Duals in upstate ny. my sons' wrestling team hosted Chael and he was real great. a great ambassador for amateur wrestling.

came out to middle of nowhere NY to promote youth wrestling.

A lot of people may not like Chael because of what he says sometimes( I find him hilarious) but no one can deny his warrior spirit. He will face any man on this earth. Reminds me of BJ Penn. Mad respect, Mr. Sonnen! Phone Post 3.0

Respect!

crossfire - 
stainlesssteel -

Maybe people are starting to lose respect because he talks a lot better than he fights.

Maybe he starts to get more respect if he talks less and wins more?

Hows your respect for shogun , they're both 3-2 in the last 5. Chael beating Bisping and Stann , Shogun beating Griffin and Vera. Phone Post 3.0

Shogun is nowhere the blowhard Sonnen is.

The saying is true man, it's not the wins and losses, it's how you played the game. And when you build your career off disrespect and mockery, don't be surprised if people hold you in the same contempt.

Tru -

as a coach and motivational speaker, chael is the man.  Has anyone seen that wrestling video of him speaking to the team, where he talks about intensity? soo basic, but makes soo much sense.  

let me look real quick......FOUND IT

Just from the few speeches he made on TUF you can see his heart is in coaching and he is one of the best!

I'll always be a fan! Phone Post

wiggum - 
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Props to Shogun for taking a completely different match up as well.

Props to both.

There are reasons to dislike Chael. You can disagree with the way he sells fights and you can bash him for steroids. If you do, you should also be sure to direct hate at Stephan Bonnar, Vitor Belfort, et al.

You cannot say he won't fight any man at any time. He deserves to be commended for that.

(You also can't say he lays and prays. He's always working)

well, it's slightly more than that

things to despise about chael and people like him.

dishonest real estate agent that is now a convicted felon for federal charges of money laundering and fraud
lost his real estate license and left his profession in shame
forced to drop out of politics becuase of his past, left his profession in shame
got caught using steroids, loses title fight he didn't earn, and gets another almost immediately