How come movie theaters

Don't have reserved seating?

It would be nice if you could just buy your tickets online and select your seats like when you book plane tickets.

This would really solve the huge line problem and I'm willing to bet more concessions would be sold.

Yeah, I want to get stuck next to some texting motherfucker and not be able to move.

I can't tell if you are serious odennis. Do you happen to live in a 3rd world country? Cause there are TONS of theaters in the US that provide exactly what you are requesting.

In the theater I go to that's how it works.

odennis - Don't have reserved seating?

It would be nice if you could just buy your tickets online and select your seats like when you book plane tickets.

This would really solve the huge line problem and I'm willing to bet more concessions would be sold.

AMC movie theaters does this now. Its great. Gotta grt tix in advance though. Done even bother walking through door without tix. Will post link.

They turned an older theater into a really nice joint. Very comfortable, very spacious. Phone Post

havent been to a movie theater in almost 10 years...had no idea that reserved seating is now an option

have any of you guys ever seen a movie in a theater located in any of the 5 boros of NYC.....absolute nightmare

Isaac298 - I can't tell if you are serious odennis. Do you happen to live in a 3rd world country? Cause there are TONS of theaters in the US that provide exactly what you are requesting.

I'm serious. I live in Norther NJ 10 mins from NYC and none of the big theaters by me do it.

Theater by my old house had 21 seating in balcony, beverage and food service, as well as reserved seating with huge comfy chairs and 1ft wide armrests/tables in between seats.

I think it was only $3 more than regular seats. Well worth it! Phone Post 3.0

They Don't do it here.

Where is your prefered spot? I like 1/3 the way from the from and in the middle...

In Limbo - 

havent been to a movie theater in almost 10 years...had no idea that reserved seating is now an option

have any of you guys ever seen a movie in a theater located in any of the 5 boros of NYC.....absolute nightmare

A long time ago but yes, I've had the misfortune of going to see a movie in NYC.  It was a fucking nightmare.  I love NYC but the more time that goes by from when I live there, the more I realize that as awesome as I thought it was when I was there, it wouldn't have lasted and I probably would have ended up hating living there after a while.  

They do at The Icon in Chicago and it's awesome! Phone Post 3.0

The Sundance theater in my city does that, and they sell beer. Expensive, but normally a better crowd. Quieter folks who don't use their motherfucking phones during the movie.

Hate that shit. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

In the theater I go to that's how it works.

Avx experience lets you pick where to sit Phone Post

I envy all of you that have reserved seat movie theaters. Tonight I'm going to dinner and then the movies with my new girl her best friend and her boyfriend. All I keep thinking about is that the line is going to be awful and we are going to get shit seats!

I just get there 15 min early. middle center, bitches.

odennis - Don't have reserved seating?

In Hong Kong, you pick your seats when you buy your tickets, and you can buy them days in advance if you so wish.

These guys are checking what seats are available for the films on the monitors:

But, the popcorn here is sweet, not salty and buttery.

It's a tradeoff.

There's a regular theatre by me that has reserved seating, then there's the alamo drafthouse which also has reserved seating and beer and food service.  Both are superior to traditional movie theatres.