How come no high level Indian MMA fighters?

There you go, India kinda has a a champion holding a big org title. Just ignore the fact he was born and lives in Canada and ignore that he is champion of a promotion with less than 5% of the top 50 HWs and its pretty much like India having a MMA world champion.

1 Like

good thread

"India appears to be the birthplace of at least two more bare-handed fighting arts, vajramushti and kalaripayat. Evidence seems to indicate that vajramushti was the very first karate-like technique and that it was commonly practiced by the Kshatriya, or warrior caste. Vajramushti is translated as ‘one whose clenched fist is…adamant: of a Kshatriya, or warrior; the clenched fist as a weapon.’ - Karate’s History and Traditions by Bruce Haines

they might do better if they let them use the bladed knuckledusters. All eastern martial arts are supposedly derived from india, via the monk Bodhidharma.

Nicco Montano
Ruben Warpath Villareal
Andre The Chief Roberts
Crazy Horse Bennett

1 Like

Ummm we’re gonna need your employer’s contact info there buddy.

Seen a guy at the King of the Mountain Tournament that Nick lost to Jeremy & his style was Indian Fast Wrestling.Guy got mopped up.

The country of India, fren.

The american Indian joke was all a setup for the Crazy Horse Bennett joke. I thought I was being clever :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Jinder Mahal Wrestling GIF by WWE

Actually that was pretty funny good one.

Must hard to trash talk to intimidate and get in opponents head with that accent

Perhaps he was pressured to change his name to “Felony”. Could have been a Washington Redskins type situation.

1 Like

Interesting comments by John will

|Q: What led you to grappling in the pits of India? What were the rules? How do the Indian wrestling systems differ from BJJ?

||A: I have been to India several times, researching and training in several of the indigenous combative systems there, including their style of wrestling. There are a couple of forms, but their main system is similar to Olympic wrestling as far as objectives and methodology goes. The main difference is that there are no mats, so it’s all done in an earth-filled pit. Great fun and a real cultural experience! Very different from BJJ though, i’s not a submission style; rather a pinning and takedown system. The Indians, though very poor and underprivileged by Western standards, train extremely hard and are some of the most well-condi- tioned athletes I have ever seen.

||There are also some rare and very hard-to-find styles there, that have ancient heritage - like Vajramushti. This is a submission wrestling system, similar in make-up to Brazilian vale tudo. There is one major difference, though, and that is the Vajramushti combatants each wear a knuckle-duster strapped to their right hands to aid in destructive striking power. A dangerous system, to say the least. It is It is really practiced only by one main family - the Jyesthimullas in the state of Gujarat. India is home to some amazing fighting arts, many of which date back many, many centuries
|Q: You were the first Westerner to compete and win gold in the Silat World Championships, held in Jakarta, Indonesia. Can you describe your your training and explain how you managed to be accepted into such a closed society?|

Indian MMA fighters cant fake their degrees in it for very long so it doesnt go as well as say tech support where you can bullshit for 90 days until it is a pain to fire you.

Benchode!! Why are you telling that, bloody blastard!!! Thank you, come again.

1 Like

No mention of Arjan Bhullar winning the One HW title against Brandon Vera?

Actually there is tons of mention of that in this thread

Scroll up, brother.