How Come No One is Talking THALES LEITES???

It's probably because of his MASSIVE disaster of a fight against Anderson but Thales is 5-0 since returning to the UFC and has finished 3 of his 5 opponents!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Thales-Leites-8593

Thales Leites

Thales Leites
Birthday: 1981-09-06
Country Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
Height
6'1"
185.42 cm
Weight
185 lbs
83.91 kg
Association:

Class: Middleweight
Wins 25 4 KO/TKO (16%) 14 SUBMISSIONS (56%) 7 DECISIONS (28%)
Losses 4 0 KO/TKO (0%) 1 SUBMISSIONS (25%) 3 DECISIONS (75%)

Fight History

Result Fighter Event Method/Referee R Time
win Tim Boetsch UFC 183 - Silva vs. Diaz
Jan / 31 / 2015
Technical Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke)
John McCarthy
2 3:45
win Francis Carmont UFC Fight Night - Henderson vs. dos Anjos
Aug / 23 / 2014
KO (Punches)
John McCarthy
2 0:20
win Trevor Smith UFC Fight Night - Minotauro vs. Nelson
Apr / 11 / 2014
TKO (Punches)
Neil Hall
1 0:45
win Ed Herman UFC 167 - St. Pierre vs. Hendricks
Nov / 16 / 2013
Decision (Unanimous)
Kim Winslow
3 5:00
win Tom Watson UFC 163 - Aldo vs. Korean Zombie
Aug / 03 / 2013
Decision (Unanimous)
Herb Dean
3 5:00

Nova Uniao. Love that team!

But boy he's in much better shape now, no?

Hmmmm.... Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - Nova Uniao. Love that team!

Hmmmm.... Phone Post 3.0

If you're talking about the eye test, I don't really see it. Nothing suspect to me anyways. Now his performances have been great, but I'd like to think he just improved as a fighter over the past 6 years.

UFC 97

UFC 183

Stand up looks much better since his return. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah he has a ton more confidence in the pocket and finishes everyone he puts on the mat.

Remember when he got that title shot because he beat marquart after Nate power bombed him on his head and had a bunch of points taken away.

I can't be remembering that correctly. Phone Post 3.0

Great thread, he deserves a lot more attention.

Great fighter, tim almost ended his run though. Phone Post 3.0

SupesUp - Remember when he got that title shot because he beat marquart after Nate power bombed him on his head and had a bunch of points taken away.

He actually had to fight once more after that before earning his title shot. And that wasn't even why Marquardt lost the points. He landed an illegal knee in the 2nd round and had a point taken away. Then he landed an illegal elbow in the 3rd round and another point taken.

It was after all of this where Nate then tried to piledrive him, which is also illegal. Very shitty fight all around for Leites, glad he got the win in that one haha he could have taken an easy out and got the DQ win but fought on to a decision when he clearly was not all there from the 2nd round on.

zebers3 -
SupesUp - Remember when he got that title shot because he beat marquart after Nate power bombed him on his head and had a bunch of points taken away.

He actually had to fight once more after that before earning his title shot. And that wasn't even why Marquardt lost the points. He landed an illegal knee in the 2nd round and had a point taken away. Then he landed an illegal elbow in the 3rd round and another point taken.

It was after all of this where Nate then tried to piledrive him, which is also illegal. Very shitty fight all around for Leites, glad he got the win in that one haha he could have taken an easy out and got the DQ win but fought on to a decision when he clearly was not all there from the 2nd round on.

Vote up for the recap. I just remember it being a ridiculous fight. Phone Post 3.0

He is great, but compare to other top ranked MW , he is not so interesting. There are a lot of bigger stars in division

Great fighter, should've never got cut Phone Post 3.0

Thoroughly enjoyed his destruction of Carmont, but as a Boetsch fan, that fight broke my heart. Boetsch seemed to be dominating that fight, then BOOM, arm-triangle. Credit where credits due, though, his BJJ is on a level where it's like having KO power in its ability to end fights suddenly. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek - Great thread, he deserves a lot more attention.
. Phone Post 3.0

Hmmmm.... Phone Post 3.0

A lot of bjj guys do mostly body weight, core, grip and functional strength workouts
If he took on a serious weight program for the first time he would look different

JoseyWales -

Hmmmm.... Phone Post 3.0

A lot of bjj guys do mostly body weight, core, grip and functional strength workouts
If he took on a serious weight program for the first time he would look different
Cool. Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Good fighter and fun to watch. I think he's probably not being talked about though because the division is pretty stacked.

He's improved a lot and Botsch is no pushover, but I'd take all the top guys over him to be honest. Phone Post 3.0

Boetsch* Phone Post 3.0

-D0DG3R D0GG13- -
FETT_the geek - Great thread, he deserves a lot more attention.
. Phone Post 3.0
Yupp Phone Post 3.0

Blue Flame Special - Good fighter and fun to watch. I think he's probably not being talked about though because the division is pretty stacked.

He's improved a lot and Botsch is no pushover, but I'd take all the top guys over him to be honest. Phone Post 3.0

I'd really like to see him against a top guy and see where he is. The guys he has finished are not slackers so a fight against someone like Bisping would really tell us where he is at.