How come no one mentions Shipp v Wiezorek anymore

Its almost like people forgot about that fight, but it was memorable as fuck and used to get mentioned a lot, I guess because they both faded away but still that fight was epic and something else, is it just too long ago to matter to todays fan or what?

Just watched it...you need to look up the word "epic"

"I don't think it means what you think it means" Phone Post 3.0

ramaham - Just watched it...you need to look up the word "epic"

"I don't think it means what you think it means" Phone Post 3.0

That fight stayed with me since ufc 47 and I never forgot those two names and I recall people talking about and referencing this as THE odball fight in ufc history. Maybe people just forgot, I cant be the only one that remembers those days.

I remember. Phone Post 3.0

RenatoCocopreta - Its almost like people forgot about that fight, but it was memorable as fuck and used to get mentioned a lot, I guess because they both faded away but still that fight was epic and something else, is it just too long ago to matter to todays fan or what?
I'm Wiezorek's manager. He had a broken vertebrae but refused to pull out of the fight. As a result, he couldn't shoot leg takedowns or punch. But the tough guy won. Phone Post 3.0

jscorbett - 
RenatoCocopreta - Its almost like people forgot about that fight, but it was memorable as fuck and used to get mentioned a lot, I guess because they both faded away but still that fight was epic and something else, is it just too long ago to matter to todays fan or what?
I'm Wiezorek's manager. He had a broken vertebrae but refused to pull out of the fight. As a result, he couldn't shoot leg takedowns or punch. But the tough guy won. Phone Post 3.0

Wow, small mma world, thanks for the inside info. Wiezorek was tough no doubt.

In hind sight, we should have taken his xrays to the press conference. Also, we should have had Wiez immediately in the post fight interview with Rogan start talking about it. It just never occurred to us that they wouldn't have him back after a win. If it had, he would have been talking trash for sure.

When I called Joe Silva the next week, he said they had laughed about the fight in a staff meeting and that Dana was not happy. Pretty much was a "goodbye." Phone Post 3.0

Little known fact about Wiezorek - he won the first live MMA on Showtime. Phone Post 3.0

VU, sir Phone Post 3.0