How did he even get OFFERED a title fight!?!?!

probably because UFC isnt 100% just sport.

Its half sport half wwe type entertainment.

Chael doesnt deserve it sport wise but entertainment wise he would.

Mihow - this is one of the few arguments where I pretty much understand each sides view 100% and can't fault anyone

Can you explain JBJ's side to me - I don't get it. Sonnen is a dangerous fighter but he's a 185 lber so I don't get why JBJ sees him as so dangerous.

And of course Sonnen wouldn't get a title shot under normal circumstances...but at such short notice obviously all that goes out the window.

2 middle weight of all time

King of self promotion and smack talk

Above average good looks (self beep)

Great white hope Phone Post

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
kalki - Sonnen is not top 10 at 205 lbs. so this fight was total attention whoring from the get-go,i m surprised he didn't have Jones fight Rousey for the media win........

Chael was willing to step up with barely any notice. He was going up a weight class and had no fight camp to be prepared for this fight. Yet they still thought it was too risky of a fight for Jones to take lol

Chael offered himself and chael made it public but was it anything more than an attention grabbing effort?
He's so desperate for attention right now that he offered to fight for free knowing that he could ask for a higher % of ppv on short notice and win the good graces of the UFC brass if not the fight.
It was ludicrous that people ever thought it would happen and ridiculous to suggest that it was declined due to JJ fear.
Chaels record is such that he can afford a few more losses and his age limits his future income. Props for offering to detract attention from the weakness of UFC cards in a time of need but it was never a legit proposal, just more attention seeking behaviour from a guy with problems. Phone Post

^ Chael was offered the fight and he accepted. What's ludicrous is that JBJ declined the fight.

Panic time creates weird situations and a freak situation deserving goes out the window

$/thread Phone Post

chaels had 2 title shots and lost, been found guilty of money laundering, tested positive for steroids but everyone still still wants to see him in main events. i just dont get it.

^ I would have assumed JBJ would run over Chael. But since JBJ doesn't seem to think that's the case maybe it might be an interesting fight... 

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Weidman offered to fight Jones too

Exactly. Dudes whinging about it not being Jones' issue need to listen to the conference call. They called lots of fighters to get it happening, Jones did not want to fight anyone on short notice. Simple.

So who deserved what is really irrelevant at that point. It was a weak card but Jones is paid to fight. Phone Post

$ gimme fight for Jones

Why he turned that down... Phone Post

Chareth Cutestory - What the fuck are you babbling on about? Chael P Sonnen is the undefeated, undisputed middleweight UFC champion. Your assertion that he is not worthy of a fight against Jones is a slap in the face to all MMA fans!

Youre trying too hard. Phone Post