How did you figure out what to do with your life?

I'm curious as to how people decide what type of career or even life they want.

I'm at a place of total confusion and have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Any stories help! Phone Post 3.0

Still not sure. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - Still not sure. Phone Post 3.0
How old? I'm 26 Phone Post 3.0

I'm 33 and don't really have a clue what I want to be when I grow up.

DreamerMMA -

I'm 33 and don't really have a clue what I want to be when I grow up.

If you're serious.. Does it scare you at all? Phone Post 3.0

Had no clue at 18 but went into computer science and 16 years later I'm pretty happy with how things turned out Phone Post 3.0

In high school I realized I was exceptionally good at math and I liked money.

So now I am a director in corporate finance. Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - 

GROUNDnLB - In high school I realized I was exceptionally good at math and I liked money.

Wow nice man, congrats! Do you enjoy it? Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles -
TheEssence - 

What are you doing now? Phone Post 3.0

more earning potential

job that requires a degree

TheEssence -
GROUNDnLB - In high school I realized I was exceptionally good at math and I liked money.

Wow nice man, congrats! Do you enjoy it? Phone Post 3.0
Work is work, so every job has it's moments, but the people i work with are genuinely really nice. I work for a massive company, so it is cool to influence a business that uses numbers in the billions.

The start of my career was awesome because my aptitude clearly set me apart from the pack, and that positive reinforcement was great. Now, I delegate most of the mathematics/stats, and have way too many meetings for my liking, but it goes with the territory. I get compensated very well, and my work life balance has improved over the last 12 months Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence -
Phuckles -
TheEssence - 

What are you doing now? Phone Post 3.0
IT. I like it but want better pay. I don't want to grind it out for 40 years like everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

Good question. Try everything you think might be interesting,if something clicks stick with it. I still don't know,so good luck.

24. Worked for a national lender for personal loans, made a boatload, got laid off, now I'm a jiu jitsu bum living off my monies and unemployment. Phone Post 3.0

pheonix5 -

Good question. Try everything you think might be interesting,if something clicks stick with it. I still don't know,so good luck.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Phone Post 3.0

I just kind of fell ass backwards into it.

Quit your day job travel the world learn juijitsu
This is the only advice in my short life that has had any resounding impact
Not be yourself and people will like you
Not just say no
Not go to university so you can be employable
When i'm 40 i'm not going to be living in a house i can't afford, on fucking xanex, with a wife who's cheating on me and two kids that probably aren't mine who i'm impoverishing myself in order to send to college to get degrees that they won't use. I'm going to be on a small farm in the country with a house that i built, eating kangaroo that i shot and butchered while potatoes and carrots that i planted grow in the backyard i'll drive into town in my 10 year old car, teach at my small juijitsu acadamey that gives me enough money to pay for water and power. Fuck the internet fuck television and fuck being 500 thousand dollars in debt.
Fuck being ordinary IMO

cause life plans A, B, C, and D all fell through.

Although in retrospect, I think life plan C is the only one of those 4 I would be happy with nowadays. But happy with life plan E which I am doing now.