How did you guys find out about the UG?

I think it was Rogan talking about it at a show or on a broadcast. Can't remember which one.

Randomly rummaging through the internet for MMA stuff

2000 by legendary poster Shiloh

lurked for awhile and finally signed up in 2002.

I got on here in 1997 for first time. I was in Jr high, and i had more time to surf the web. I stopped in 2003 til 2013 and i started reading posts again. It was astounding how much the evolution of mma changed this joint. You started seeing these fools who had only started watching MMA when Brock came to UFC. Even worse are the ones that arrived after Conor got hot. Im happy i was involved when MMA was NHB, those are good memories i have.

I got my first smart phone and was looking for MMA news appa

Used to post on Sherdog - lots of people got banned around 2004. Came here. Got banned by a rogue mod, and created this account a few months later.

Mr. Wright -

2000 by legendary poster Shiloh

lurked for awhile and finally signed up in 2002.

Do you know him in real life?  How is he?  I heard he got hit by a car. 

pretty sure my coworker Lewis at a Big 5 told me about UG and JRE

random internet search back in 2000.

KIRRIK keep IMing me on AIM all hours of the night asking me stuff like…

“What are u wearing?”

“Have u ever seen a grown man naked?”

“Would u eat a hotdog in the dark, for a Fighters Notebook?”

I eventually caved in, and man that Fighters Notebook was worth it…

VectorWega -

I heard that fighters posted here. It was probably a Joe Rogan name drop on a PPV or something.  I signed up here but the clunky layout kept me away. I was one of only 2 pro-UFC posters on Sherdog circa 2005/2006 and Sherdog banned me in late 2006 so I went ahead and made the switch at that time.

Lol yes the clunky layout has probably ran off more than it has ever attracted but you still have fuckers acting like “bro do you even use frames” as some sort badge of honor. I sent a friend to this site years ago, he of course landed on the framed forum and immediately said what the fuck is this and bailed 

I didn't even know there were NHB forums. (Wasn't MMA until later)

I was Trolling ESPN boxing forums about how Royce Gracie could beat Mike Tyson.  Someone said take that to Submissionfighting.com

Was a WWE fan. First watched when Tito fought Shamrock. I remeber being amazed the damage to Ken's face after the fight.

Joe Rogan 

Sir Psycho Sexy -

Was a WWE fan. First watched when Tito fought Shamrock. I remeber being amazed the damage to Ken's face after the fight.

It seems i didnt read the OP properly, haha.

I always heard Joe Rogan say "I heard it on the Underground" but I figured he was referring to Sherdog forums, MMAFighting.net forums, fighthq.com forums... it wasn't until about a year or 2 later I found MMA.TV and saw the place was called the "underground" and that's when I signed up.  March 23, 2006.  I wasn't a fan at first because there were way too many threads and I came from a smaller community NHB discussion forums where there wasn't trolling or dumb posts.  So it took about a year or 2 to get into the UG (as you know back then 100 threads were made per day , now there's like 5 a day).  Sadly I wish it was how when I first joined. This place died down HARDCORE in about 2013.

To all the people on the underground, what's up now partner?

-tito ortiz ufc 40

Came from sherdog

StrikingMMA - I used to post on another forum. People mentioned the Underground so I asked what it was. They explained and I came over and created an account.

Same but I never even visited here until years after I had stopped using forums. Basically signed up to try to get info on a UFC I was attending, and people were very helpful.

StrikingMMA - I used to post on another forum. People mentioned the Underground so I asked what it was. They explained and I came over and created an account.

Exactly the same for me (sherdog) but I lurked for a while before creating an account. What a difference this place was