How did you pick your kids names?

How the fuck do you come up with a name that you can live with? 

I let your mom pick it out.

Son.

first decided that it was going to be a traditional one and not try and give a unique one or on with strange spelling.  then me and the wife both had to agree.

My entire family has the same initials so I have 3 kids and I wanted to follow that but I also did not want to use names that were already used in my family. My children's names are unique in a sense but also very traditional

Squirrel, Blue Belt - I let your mom pick it out.

Son.

Have you got them smokes yet dad? It's been 30 years.

vincan469 -

first decided that it was going to be a traditional one and not try and give a unique one or on with strange spelling.  then me and the wife both had to agree.

Burnt through about 500 today and didn't like one. This isn't as easy as I thought.

Odinson - My entire family has the same initials so I have 3 kids and I wanted to follow that but I also did not want to use names that were already used in my family. My children's names are unique in a sense but also very traditional

Your family thinks ahead. Lucky cunt!

RepsOne -
vincan469 -

Burnt through about 500 today and didn't like one. This isn't as easy as I thought.

it tooks us awhile, the thing is you have some time so just try not to rush it as too many too fast and you just go numb.

Think about your child applying for jobs, would be the first filter in choosing a name.

My boy was a no brainer. After my dad with my name as his middle name

My wife being Irish wanted an Irish girl's name for my daughter. I'm Italian. She wanted Katherine and very Irish tyle names. I didn't. We settled on Morgan which is soft enough to me and Irish enough to her.

I think you have to come to terms with the fact that it's just a fucking name 

gave my daughter a spanish name, Catalina. She is Spanish/Mexican from her maother. Beautiful name and it was the only name we considered. Maybe our trip to Catalunyia Spain might have played a part in it?

Naming my son Victor. He'll be here in a couple months. Picked Victor bc its a strong name and I dont know any other Victors. It is used by lots and lots of countries too. Lots of cultures use the name. Mostly I just think its cool!

I have 2 boys.

I named my older son Christian after my older brother who passed away when he was 24(I was 17).

Named my 2nd son Elgin because I've always liked the name and Elgin Baylor is awesome.

Took our mom's name to create our daughters name. Named our son after our daughter, poor kid.

Just got with "Tombrady" or if you want to get really fancy "Tom-Brady."

^^ Skip to about 2:15 in that video.  I just come up with names like Leslie Nielsen.

Hurtsogood -

^^ Skip to about 2:15 in that video.  I just come up with names like Leslie Nielsen.

I love that movie.

I saw it in theaters when I was 12 and to this day it's the hardest I've ever laughed during a movie.

Shepherd Wong -
Hurtsogood -

I love that movie.

I saw it in theaters when I was 12 and to this day it's the hardest I've ever laughed during a movie.

Me and my cousin still quote it to eachother to this day when we see eachother.  He might be the only person I know in real life who saw and enjoyed that movie like I did.

Rickmassmma - Just got with "Tombrady" or if you want to get really fancy "Tom-Brady."

Thombraidee.