How disappointing is Phil Davis?

Seriously, I've been following the guy since he started in the UFC, he had some very promising performances in his first few fights, I really thought he'd fight for the title at some point.

What is it that he does that lead to such shitty fights most of the time?

Glad Bader won, I just don't see Davis ever fighting for the title with the way he performs, no idea what his problem is.

He's risk averse. Just his mentality.

I'm more curious why it always looks like he's wearing roller skates, feet always slipping on the mat. Phone Post 3.0

He is an athlete, not a fighter. Phone Post 3.0

He's a gatekeeper Phone Post 3.0

Fresh Prince - I'm more curious why it always looks like he's wearing roller skates, feet always slipping on the mat. Phone Post 3.0

He go in that weird spastic mode when he gets hit.

Lives and dies by the takedown

Expected more from him Phone Post 3.0

He's really stiff.

Bad ass sports car with a shitty driver Phone Post 3.0

Some wrestlers can pick up striking (Jones, Cormier) some cant (Davis, Shields).

He just doesnt have it nor will he ever get it.

He's too much athlete not enough fighter. Dude has no sense of urgency to finish a fight. I was surprised he opened up a bit more with the leg kicks toward the end.

Vic Vinegar - He is an athlete, not a fighter. Phone Post 3.0

+1

Not a lot of fight in that dog.

I don't really agree that he's a great athlete. He's not explosive and incredibly stiff.

Ryan G - He's risk averse. Just his mentality.

Seems like there's a mental block, like 70% of the fight is just both fighters throwing feints and dancing around. His last 4-5 fights have looked like that.

It makes no sense, the guy will never get a title shot fighting like that, even if he wins those narrow split decisions.

So what's the point?

Was very pleased when he got dumped on his head in the closing exchange. Somewhere in Brazil a dragon is smiling. Phone Post 3.0