How Do I Escape A Bas Rutten/Catch Style Crucifix?

Did you try waving your arms about ineffectually while making "GAAAAAKK" sounds?

I'll upload a clip of Bas showing his counters, they may be slightly more sophisticated than my ineffectual arm waving method.

de braco -

Did you try waving your arms about ineffectually while making "GAAAAAKK" sounds?

Spazzing and flailing had no effect on him. I tried.

Bas's thoughts,

Haha. I can guess who that was.

de braco -

Bas's thoughts,

That's it.

Thanks.

Anyone know any other escapes?

We call it a “trash compactor”. There isn’t a good escape after you are locked into it. You will only get caught in it if you flail your legs to give the person the option of trapping one of them.

You can only escape by being dashingly handsome and having huge cajones.

FingerorMoon -

You can only escape by being dashingly handsome and having huge cajones.

That didn't work this time.
danken12 - We call it a "trash compactor". There isn't a good escape after you are locked into it. You will only get caught in it if you flail your legs to give the person the option of trapping one of them.
I flailed after I was caught.

I got caught because I payed there thinking about what to do instead of doing something.

I don't believe you really had your heart in the flailing,

de braco -

I don't believe you really had your heart in the flailing,

I haven't flailed like a white belt in a long time, so maybe my spazzing isn't quite at the level it once was.

I feel like because this  thread is about escaping crucifix's I should make a joke about reciting 3 Flail Mary's. 

Ha, Indeed. You deserve a rondo for that most excellent bon mot!

it's got electrolytes! It's what clever people crave!

Shinsplint -

I feel like because this  thread is about escaping crucifix's I should make a joke about reciting 3 Flail Mary's. 

I'm gonna get you with this one day. Not tomorrow or the next day, but I'm gonna get you....
de braco -

Bas's thoughts,

That escape works. Tried it out tonight. It's kind of sweet.

Cool, glad it helped.  i slaved over a hot stove for hours to extract that clip from the big dvd's of combat

King Trav -
Shinsplint -

I'm gonna get you with this one day. Not tomorrow or the next day, but I'm gonna get you....

Don’t think I’ve forgotten...