How do I make good buffalo wings?

I went to the US a few years back, met this couple at a Bills game who then took me and my wife to this buffalo wings place.
First time I'd had them and since returning to Australia I've been trying to find them.

I've had some decent ones at american style restaurants but what I really want to know is how do I make them myself?
I want them with a bit of kick but not too much.
Also want that fucking sauce too, blue cheese?

Teach me OG cooks. Phone Post 3.0

Keep in mind I'm an Aussie so I may not be able to get specific brands that are available in the US. Phone Post 3.0

Deep fry them and then coat in a mixture of franks hot sauce or something similar and butter. And the sauce is blue cheese dressing.

cbia - Deep fry them and then coat in a mixture of franks hot sauce or something similar and butter. And the sauce is blue cheese dressing.

Pretty much this.

Look up the Korean recipe. Haven't had em but they look amazing Phone Post 3.0

Buffalo don't have wings bro. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you...

Hard to beat a fried breaded wing imo Phone Post 3.0

Don't remember them being deep fried. Is it possible to do without a deep fryer or should I just go and get one? Phone Post 3.0

Ok so OP

It's all about getting the wings deep fried.

You can grill them but it's not the same.

You want a "hot or buffalo sauce" most likely.

Buffalo sauce is not as hot as regular tobasco sauce or anything.

But if that's all you have mix the hot sauce with a lil butter and that should be good.

Plus you gotta get blue cheese dressing. But it's tough to find down there im sure..

You can make it with mayo and blue cheese crumbles tho.

Good luck mate Phone Post 3.0

Ingredients
Sriracha, minced garlic, unsalted butter, cilantro, salt, pepper

Directions

preheat oven to 400

Prepare and season wings by cutting drumstick from wing

add 1/2 cup of sriracha to a mixing bowl,add 6 tbsp of melted butter and 4 cloves of garlic

cook wings for 25min @400 and then broil for 5 min to crisp the skin

Toss in sauce, and top with chopped cilantro Phone Post 3.0

TFK Bro Lo El Cuñado -
cbia - Deep fry them and then coat in a mixture of franks hot sauce or something similar and butter. And the sauce is blue cheese dressing.

Good wings don't need any sauce. Oh I need to cool it down, it's too hot.....gtfo with blue or ranch. And while you're at it give the carrots and celery to a rabbit.

I like the sauce. Nothing to do with the spice, I just think it tastes great with the cheese sauce on it. Phone Post 3.0

TFK Bro Lo El Cuñado - 

Good wings don't need any sauce. Oh I need to cool it down, it's too hot.....gtfo with blue or ranch. And while you're at it give the carrots and celery to a rabbit.

He was in Buffalo, he was eating authentic Buffalo wings and he wants to recreate it.

http://travelfoodanddrink.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_1113.jpg

Directly from the place that first created them.

My grandparents owned a bar in the First Ward on Buffalo. My dad said the recipe was:

1) Deep fry the wings until the skin is almost crispy.

2) Shake them in a large bowl of melted margarine, Frank's hot sauce, and whatever other spices you want to add until they're coated.

3) ????

4) Profit. Phone Post 3.0

Jobe Watson version 2.0 - Don't remember them being deep fried. Is it possible to do without a deep fryer or should I just go and get one? Phone Post 3.0

You can grill, bake, however you want to cook them. You can easily fry them on the stove top.

I've cooked them in a crock pot before with just Frank's sauce and butter in with them. They were good, but I threw the wings in raw.

So I should deep fry them first then throw them in the crock pot?
If so what kind of oil do you guys cook them in? Phone Post 3.0

Here's an amazing tipif you like breaded (crunchy) wings.

The secret is to fry them twice until they're "dry" and they make a sound when you tap them.

These wings will stand up to any sauce, no matter how thick, wet, or syrupy (beep).

2 cups cornstarch dry

2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water

Oil for frying in small batches

Drying rack or paper towels (as much space as possible.

Make your sauce first until it's perfect and set it aside.

Wash and DRY your chicken wings until they're ready, use paper towels, or if you're not in a rush, toss them in the fridge overnight. DRY is key.

Salt and Pepper the wings thoroughly.

Heat up Oil.

In small batches, fry up your wings... Dip in the dry cornstarch, then wet. Fry until golden brown.

Let them cool on the rack.

Then do it again... Dry, wet, then in the oil until they're super crispy.

Once they're all done, heat up your sauce in a wok or large sauce pan.

Toss the wings in the sauce, using a bowl or right in the pan until perfectly coated.

BOOM. Best breaded wings ever.

Grill them instead. Indirect heat until on the brink of doneness. Then, in a bowl mix wings with sauce and add back to grill. Direct or indirect, its up to you how crispy you want your wings. This will give you a nice smoky wing without all the mess of fried dripping wings.

In a pan:

Equal parts butter and hot sauce but first melt butter in said pan and add a squeeze or two of mustard. Incorporate the two until melted then add hot sauce(I use red hot). Add a few dashes of Tabasco to taste and a spoonful of honey. Stir frequently until reduced(5-7 mins), its gonna get thick/solid/tight.

I've started adding a couple dashes of Worcestershire to mellow the flavors and some red pepper flakes for an extra kick and presentation.

Fister - I've cooked them in a crock pot before with just Frank's sauce and butter in with them. They were good, but I threw the wings in raw.

So I should deep fry them first then throw them in the crock pot?
If so what kind of oil do you guys cook them in? Phone Post 3.0

That is way off. The wings need to be crispy and stay crispy. The crock is pure boil.

tonberry - Here's an amazing tipif you like breaded (crunchy) wings.

The secret is to fry them twice until they're "dry" and they make a sound when you tap them.

These wings will stand up to any sauce, no matter how thick, wet, or syrupy (beep).

2 cups cornstarch dry

2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water

Oil for frying in small batches

Drying rack or paper towels (as much space as possible.

Make your sauce first until it's perfect and set it aside.

Wash and DRY your chicken wings until they're ready, use paper towels, or if you're not in a rush, toss them in the fridge overnight. DRY is key.

Salt and Pepper the wings thoroughly.

Heat up Oil.

In small batches, fry up your wings... Dip in the dry cornstarch, then wet. Fry until golden brown.

Let them cool on the rack.

Then do it again... Dry, wet, then in the oil until they're super crispy.

Once they're all done, heat up your sauce in a wok or large sauce pan.

Toss the wings in the sauce, using a bowl or right in the pan until perfectly coated.

BOOM. Best breaded wings ever.

Truth, corn starch is key

A great way to kick up the ordinary Franks and butter is to add granulated garlic and honey....fire