How do pros cut so much weight

osta - Jesus Browny reading this is bringing back horrible memories! I used to box at 75kg as an amateur (and i'm 6'3), same day weigh ins are hard work, i didn't do anything sensible to make weight, mainly daft stuff like chewing food then spitting it out, urgh.

Where do you train?

Frames4life that's great info regarding waterloading etc.

What weight are your pros? I've got a lightheavy lad who i'm looking to turn over in a few months, i'm always on the look out for sparring!
Down the Premier abc in Swansea mate.

I'm 5'11
So you must have been a rake at 75 haha. Phone Post 3.0

Won my quarter final on Saturday, lost in the semi on Sunday. Just couldn't get going, felt flat.
He won the first round comfortably, I felt I nicked the second, the third was mine all day long but then I had a point deducted for going in with my head.
Once that was given I knew it was over.
I'm still gutted about it, I was landing shots but just not having enough in the tank to capitalise, then he'd nick a shot back.

Oh well, I also have a perforated eardrum too, so I won't be fighting on our home show in November. Phone Post 3.0

Well done mate.

Meant to ask how you got on

Get him next time

You have a few beers afterwards?

Unlucky mate, how did you get on in that quarter? good kid?

We've got 3 out at a show in Shrewsbury on Friday, then 3 of the 4 lads that boxed in the championships have got finals on Sunday. Be nice to get a win or two there. Wanted to go down on Saturday and have a night on the lash in Swansea but ive got a BBBOC course in Warrington on Saturday, fucking manic. Season well and truely back in swing.

Bad news with the ear mate. Phone Post 3.0

Cheers lads, quarters I won pretty comfortably
The boy i lost to im the semi had same record as me 1 loss 4 wins.
On another day Id have beaten him, I just was flat, but props to him, I wish him all the best. He was the better man when it counted so good luck to him. I told him to go win it, and I think he will, the other semi final I would have fancied either of them any day.

Yeah, not really bothered about the war as its not causing any pain, just seems like it's being covered by a tin can.
I'm just disappointed I can't fight on November 7th. Would have been nice to have another fight before the Xmas break.

Swansea Is a good night out mate, I'll order the quarter and semi final days even though they're £15 each and, I'll record my bouts and maybe email them to you to watch or something if you like boys. Phone Post 3.0

Aye I would like to see them mate

Ok
I'll try and sort it soon then you can just give me your email on PM mate Phone Post 3.0

Good stuff mate

Does sucking on candy and spitting actually cut weight? Or is it more of a way to help guys through the process so they think they are getting a treat? It sounds so insane to me. Phone Post 3.0

Herbish1 - Does sucking on candy and spitting actually cut weight? Or is it more of a way to help guys through the process so they think they are getting a treat? It sounds so insane to me. Phone Post 3.0
You can cut a lb or so by chewing gum and spitting constantly into a bottle.

Quite why you would let it get to that point is beyond me. People in that boat usually haven't done things properly up to that point. Phone Post 3.0