How do u guys feel about blood?

Am I a jerk because I miss seeing some color? I don't like the gratuitous bleeding for no reason, but to end a feud or for a big match, blood puts an exclamation point on things imo. What do you guys think, and why? Phone Post 3.0

The means in which the effect is achieved is archaic and unsanitary.

But it should happen from time to time to accentuate only the most heated feuds. Phone Post 3.0

MMAhaiku - The means in which the effect is achieved is archaic and unsanitary.

But it should happen from time to time to accentuate only the most heated feuds. Phone Post 3.0
So is the mandible claw lol, rather give myself a little cut than have a sweaty hand in my mouth. Is that the common Phone Post 3.0

I remember seeing Greg the hammer Valentine and the Funker leave like 2 pints of blood in the ring in early 80s.. so it doesnt faze me much. I agree that only in certain heated fueds it would add to entertainment level if blood was present. We were squeamish way back then, but couldnt stop looking away. Phone Post

Used in moderation, it makes for great drama

After watching nigel mcguinness's documentary and all his talk about no blood and me trying to make it in wrestling myself I'm 100% for no blood Phone Post 3.0

I don't care for it because of health concerns to the wrestlers, and it reminds me of deathmatches and all of the trashy elements of wrestling that I dislike.

I like it if it's used sparingly or in a match that calls for it Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz - Used in moderation, it makes for great drama
Yea, we're in the same boat.. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_OBEY - After watching nigel mcguinness's documentary and all his talk about no blood and me trying to make it in wrestling myself I'm 100% for no blood Phone Post 3.0

I haven't seen this documentary, so can you share what he said about it? Even if there is no gigging, I think the match needs to be allowed to go on if there is natural/accidental blood. That match where CM Punk was accidentally busted open and the ref stops the match to hold a towel to his head and stop the bleeding was embarrassing.

I agree blood should be back! Makes the matches much more interesting Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz -
UGCTT_OBEY - After watching nigel mcguinness's documentary and all his talk about no blood and me trying to make it in wrestling myself I'm 100% for no blood Phone Post 3.0

I haven't seen this documentary, so can you share what he said about it? Even if there is no gigging, I think the match needs to be allowed to go on if there is natural/accidental blood. That match where CM Punk was accidentally busted open and the ref stops the match to hold a towel to his head and stop the bleeding was embarrassing.
Good post, VU. And agreed on the natural blood aspect.

The concept of blading does seem a bit primative at this point in time. I remember reading that Taker was on a card where a guy got busted open, and tested positive for Hep C and they didn't know about it beforehand, and Taker was willing to walk out that night and never return if they didn't change the policy.

For the safety of the athletes, in my opinion, I believe having a "no blading" policy is a good idea. Phone Post 3.0

As a former ref, I hate the blood.

Just so many bad things about it, and very few, if any good things about it.

It was one of the things in the business that eventually came to get overexposed. I think it still has a place, but only to blow off major feuds. When done correctly, it can really bring a lot of intensity to a match.

At the same time, it's not a crutch to a shitty match, as it is most commonly used in today's business. Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz -

It gets into hepatitis and how hardly anyone is ever tested and just about how it didn't need to be there it's a great documentary if u ever decide to see it it follows him on his retirement tour and gets into how he didn't make it in wwe because of his injurie

Also I completely agree that if someone does get ousted open in a match it should go on as planned but I'm against gigging Phone Post 3.0

The best most recent example was when Brock busted Cena with an elbow. That was awesome. Phone Post 3.0

I dont generally mind the WWE being blood free. But putting out a PPV called Extreme Rules with no blood in it is fucking lame.

It was a big deal when you think back to 80s early 90s then it just got used so much it was like nothing special I can certainly understand the no blood with the PG. Phone Post 3.0