How do you become a movie extra?

I grew up 30 mins from hollywood i should know this but i dont.

i see mike seal in everything amc walking dead a couple more shows

keith jardine.

i easily could have been an extra in shot caller.

any clue looks fun.

do you have to be the fake hollywood bland kiss ass type to be an extra.

Give a massage to Harvey Weinstein

Bojack Horseman - do you have to be the fake hollywood bland kiss ass type to be an extra.

This. Or suck off some gross little jew dude

You sign up with Casting companies- Central Casting.

The trick is to be in the background of a scene.

A lot of places need PAs... It's really not hard to get those gigs... You can easily move up if they need somebody...
Especially with really lower budget projects...
Then keep networking to get better extra roles in bigger films...

Plus there are ads all over for people that need extras... Depending where you live of course...

Don't expect to get paid anything really and you'd be working (on set) for long hours, possibly an entire weekend, like, 7 am til midnight... But that is a perfect time to network...

Telamon - You sign up with Casting companies- Central Casting.
Yep... Casting companies as well....

There are a couple agencies out here but they all seem to want a "membership fee" to get you on a list of casting call type shit. I am an hour from LA but didnt feel it was worth the effort.

Helps if you're big and muscular and look menacing. That's how several people I know become extras. They were basically approached by a guy at the gym who was told to recruit people who fit the bill of Tough guy/henchmen type guys. 

heatmeiser - 

Helps if you're big and muscular and look menacing. That's how several people I know become extras. They were basically approached by a guy at the gym who was told to recruit people who fit the bill of Tough guy/henchmen type guys. 

That would be me ... even have a scar on my eyebrow from an mma fight... been training alot

some good advice here.

i dont mind a membership fee

im in downey,ca so not that far from hollywood.

so extras dont get paid at all?

can i at least kill the craft services table ?!

Telamon - You sign up with Casting companies- Central Casting.

Thanks thats the info i was looking for !

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
Telamon - You sign up with Casting companies- Central Casting.
Yep... Casting companies as well....

Thanks for confirming :) monday i think im going to try it.

are you guys sure they dont pay ?

i used to have a bjj buddie who did extra work for married with children in 96...

fukk me i should have networked when i was still at krons gym 3 actors and one of the hawaii 5 -0 writers train there.

Casting Couch

^^^ that bjj guy was a hustler ex drug dealer type . not the kind of guy i see working for free.

but that was the 90s

cripplersc - Casting Couch

be cool if it was a chick

i'd be lying if i told you i havent layed the wood to fat chicks or butter faces.

im pretty much a professional.

when there was no money in mma pre- tuf alot dudes were getting taken care of by chicks.

mofos were broke but i dont remember many fighters being homeless.

men casting couch i think i'll just try stand up comedy.