How do you deal with your dead pet's remains?

I'm talking dogs and cats, not fish and snails.

Bury them in the yard? Cremate and spread them around or put the can in a corner?

We had a pet cemetary at the family farm when I grew up, but now I seem to have various tins of ashes sitting around. I think I'll take a drive in the country and pour them out the window doing 65 since they all loved hanging out of the car at speed.

Pet semetary 

Had them cremated and kept their ashes along with a paw print and kept their collars.

5 Likes

a nice stew

2 Likes

dig em deep enough down in the yard so other animals cant dig em up and eat em. replace with new pet to give another cute animal a great life.

1 Like

Had mine cremated.

When I was a kid we buried them. As an adult, cremation and urns.

Paid the vet to cremate.   Kept nothing

1 Like

My dog was cremated. 

We bury them.

I use their dead bodies to practice taxidermy. 

gokudamus -

a nice stew

Dick lol

I had my last dog cremated. Had part of her ashes mixed into the ink for a memorial tattoo. Keep the rest of her in a closet. 

1 Like

You keep them in your heart brother, as long as you remember them they are still with you.

The rest is just process

Mountain Medic -

You keep them in your heart brother, as long as you remember them they are still with you.

The rest is just process

Well this is quite true of course, and pictures on the fridge of all of them.

The reason I'm thinking of what to do with now 5 dog's ashes is I just found another one in a box of stored stuff in the garage from our 80s vintage Irish Setter!

I think letting them fly across some fields in the Texas Hill Country is a proper send off.

Mountain Medic - 

The rest is just process

Then I need to change my answer to Heart and Catapult

JuicedBeast -

Had them cremated and kept their ashes along with a paw print and kept their collars.

This

1 Like

Burial in the backyard, deep, with a rock layer so there's no digging up.

15days - dig em deep enough down in the yard so other animals cant dig em up and eat em. replace with new pet to give another cute animal a great life.

Learned that one the hard way, good point 

Cremate and put in a box with a photo