How do you deal with your dead pet's remains?

Black Doug -

I use their dead bodies to practice taxidermy. 

i do the same with hookers

#metoo

1 Like

We had our first lab Cremated and put in a nice wooden box with a picture her on the outside.  We also had a vet come to our house to pet her to sleep.  It is the only way I would consider doing it going forward.

gokudamus - 

a nice stew

"Beef" and broccoli?

Burial

Gave them to my Filipino neighbor,  he said he would bury my dog for me

how weird would it be if I had my cat skinned and kept his fur?

YaoMingia -

I suggest at least waiting until it passes before doing it...

1 Like

My parents cat just died and they buried it in the ground next to other pets who had passed.  When my dog and cat died, I got them cremated and have the ashes in a box in my bedroom.

1 Like

Cremated, made him a pine box and he's on my mantle

This little legend died 3 months ago. He was a perfect dude for 13 years so I buried him close to his favourite rabbit hunting spot and made a cross with a short message for on his grave. Digging the hole and making the cross helped get rid of some of the emotion surrounding his passing.

1 Like

My previous dog passed from old age at home and I buried her in the yard and planted a shrub over her.

My last dog died a couple of weeks ago from cancer. He was only nine. When I got him from the rescue place I made a promise to myself and him that here was his forever home. It makes me feel a little better knowing his ashes are in a nice urn with his collar around it sitting in his favourite spot. He was a great dog and he made me laugh every day. R.I.P Elroy. I miss ya, mate.

I bury them.  

I have a horse and a goat, I’m not sure what I’m going to do when they die, that’s a big freaking hole.  Probably have to hire someone with a back hoe. 

YaoMingia -

Beautiful Bengal!